Lakkam Waterfalls3647 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Munnar - Udumalpet Rd, Marayoor, Kerala 685620, India
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: 1800-4254747
- Ticket Price: 10 INR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Water Body, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Nature
This is a must do adventure. Head out to Lakkam Waterfalls for the time of your life. Experience the exhilaration of getting up close and wet in the cascading waters. It’s a five minutes’ drive from the Munnar town and the waterfall is surrounded by Vaga trees. Vaga trees are widely found in Kerala and the forest is home to local birds and animals. The waterfall originates from the Eravikulam Plateau and pours down, creating a lot of mist. Hear the crashing water and enjoy the spectacular views. Listen to the thundering roar of gallons of water falling every second right before your eyes. Feel the mighty rush of the mist on your face. Soak up every moment of this amazing adventure. Indulge in nature's beauty and bounty at these pristine waterfalls, situated amidst Munnar hills.
The beautiful water falls forms puddles in crevices and you can take a bath here. Watch out for small rocks which can be slippery. Also you can walk across the puddle to the falls but wear water shoes because it can be dicey. The water is very clear so just sit and admire the greenery around. You can hire a guide and trek through the dense forest. When the Vaga trees are in full bloom the whole of Vagavurai valley is covered in bright red. The forest has unique blend of vegetation which is due to the valleys and mountainous topography. It is conserved and protected by the government. The forests are a safe haven for a large number of birds and animals and migratory birds as well.
Spend some quality time at the tea shop next to the waterfall. It is misty even in the afternoon so relax and take in the nice view. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Munnar Itinerary 3 Days.
Lakkam Waterfalls Travel Tips
- There is a rest room and changing room facilities if you want to take a dip in the water.
- It is a photographer’s paradise especially during rainy season.
- Bring a change of clothes if you want to swim.
- They have lockers and storage facilities.
- Best time to go is during the day.
- Network might be a bit weak, so be patient.
- Saravana Bhavan: Indian , Breakfast, Brunch
- Bethel Varkis B & B: Indian
- The Deli: Bakery
- Hotel Hillview Munnar Restaurant: Indian
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Munnar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Munnar and book an accommodation of your choice.
25.77% of people who visit Munnar include Lakkam Waterfalls in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
32.61% of people start their Lakkam Waterfalls visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Lakkam Waterfalls
92.14% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lakkam Waterfalls