Tea GardenCurrently Closed
- Timings: 06:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Tags: Garden, Family And Kids, Nature
About Tea Garden, Munnar
Welcome to the Tea Garden of Munnar. It is an ideal retreat for all those who want to enjoy nature. Explore the miles of lush tea gardens filled with rich, scented fragrance of tea. Walk through picturesque landscapes on your own and let your senses wander. Experience the beauty of Neelakurinji, a flower that blooms every 12 years. Prepare to swirl, sniff and sip your way through days of wonderful tea.
In the monsoon, the weather is very windy and you feel blown away by the winds. When it rains, it becomes very cold and you will need a sweater to keep warm. Early mornings and late evenings are the chilliest time so be prepared. You will enjoy the flora and fauna in this garden, so capture this on camera. One may encounter with the rare species of mountain goat Nilgiri Tahr or Ibex. You may even spot elephants, tigers, lion tailed macaque, and flying squirrel. The Nilgiri wood pigeon is also found in these gardens.
Quaint cottages, and mist-draped mornings are hallmarks of the Tea Garden which provides serenity and tranquillity. So capture the beauty of morning dew drops and feel nature in its purest form. The first tea sapling was planted by A.H. Sharp at Parvathi. Tea bushes are planted 1 meter to 1.5 meters apart to follow the natural contours of the landscape. Sometimes they are grown on specially prepared terraces to help irrigation and to prevent erosion. Fifty years ago tea plants were raised from tea seeds and they were known as seedlings. Learn the basics of picking tea leaves and the processing in their factories. You can pick these leaves and carry them back home as souvenirs.
Food at the Tea Garden is very unique. You will not find fish, although you are in Kerala. This is paradise for spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, and pepper. These trees are grown in addition to tea. Do indulge in some spice shopping and try out their chocolate.
Tea garden - Kerala tourist attraction added in the Kerala Itinerary 10 Days. Must visit this amazing attraction.
Tea Garden Information
- Visit Munnar Tea Gardens between the months of October and April, when the weather is at its best.
- The Munnar Tea Gardens are open from early morning to evening.
- Carry your camera to take breath taking pictures of waterfalls in the mountains.
- You can view the video about the evolution of tea garden in Munnar from British era till date.
- The weather and the ambiance and will give you a memory for a lifetime.
Restaurants Near Tea Garden
- T&U Leisure Hotel Restaurant: Indian, Buffet
- Sree Mahaveer Bhojanalaya Restaurant: Indian
- Saravana Bhavan: Indian
- Farmyard: Indian
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Munnar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Munnar and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Tea Garden
95% of people who visit Munnar include Tea Garden in their plan
05 AM - 06 AM
66.69% of people start their Tea Garden visit around 05 AM - 06 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Tea Garden
93.97% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tea Garden
Tea Garden Map
Tea Garden Trips
10 Views13 Days 12 Nights13 Day Trip to Kovalam, Kodaikanal, Kanyakumari, MBy: Guest UserCity: Kanyakumari, Kovalam, Munnar, Kodaikanal, Madurai
Tea Garden, Munnar Reviews
All QuestionsTea garden
- New Mt Pleasant Baptist Church
- Towpath Trail
- Prevail Community Church
- Brooks Park
- Friendship Baptist Church
- Cedar Springs Independent Fellowship Baptist Church
- Webb Library
- Irwin Park
- South Pekin Baptist Church
- Green Bough House Of Prayer
- New Prairie View Baptist Church
- Bethal Baptist Church
- Rom Church
- Camp Brosig-Boy Scouts Of America
- Downey Wesley Chapel United Methodist Church