Tea Garden, Munnar
About Tea Garden, Munnar
Tea Garden, Munnar
Timings: 06:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 173.7K times in trip plans
Garden, Family And Kids, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Welcome to the Tea Garden of Munnar. It is an ideal retreat for all those who want to enjoy nature. Explore the miles of lush tea gardens filled with rich, scented fragrance of tea. Walk through picturesque landscapes on your own and let your senses wander. Experience the beauty of Neelakurinji, a flower that blooms every 12 years. Prepare to swirl, sniff and sip your way through days of wonderful tea.
In the monsoon, the weather is very windy and you feel blown away by the winds. When it rains, it becomes very cold and you will need a sweater to keep warm. Early mornings and late evenings are the chilliest time so be prepared. You will enjoy the flora and fauna in this garden, so capture this on camera. One may encounter with the rare species of mountain goat Nilgiri Tahr or Ibex. You may even spot elephants, tigers, lion tailed macaque, and flying squirrel. The Nilgiri wood pigeon is also found in these gardens.
Quaint cottages, and mist-draped mornings are hallmarks of the Tea Garden which provides serenity and tranquillity. So capture the beauty of morning dew drops and feel nature in its purest form. The first tea sapling was planted by A.H. Sharp at Parvathi. Tea bushes are planted 1 meter to 1.5 meters apart to follow the natural contours of the landscape. Sometimes they are grown on specially prepared terraces to help irrigation and to prevent erosion. Fifty years ago tea plants were raised from tea seeds and they were known as seedlings. Learn the basics of picking tea leaves and the processing in their factories. You can pick these leaves and carry them back home as souvenirs.
Food at the Tea Garden is very unique. You will not find fish, although you are in Kerala. This is paradise for spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, and pepper. These trees are grown in addition to tea. Do indulge in some spice shopping and try out their chocolate.
Tea garden - Kerala tourist attraction added in the Kerala Itinerary 10 Days. Must visit this amazing attraction.
Tea Garden Information
- Visit Munnar Tea Gardens between the months of October and April, when the weather is at its best.
- The Munnar Tea Gardens are open from early morning to evening.
- Carry your camera to take breath taking pictures of waterfalls in the mountains.
- You can view the video about the evolution of tea garden in Munnar from British era till date.
- The weather and the ambiance and will give you a memory for a lifetime.
Restaurants Near Tea Garden
- T&U Leisure Hotel Restaurant: Indian, Buffet
- Sree Mahaveer Bhojanalaya Restaurant: Indian
- Saravana Bhavan: Indian
- Farmyard: Indian
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Munnar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Munnar and book an accommodation of your choice.
Tea Garden, Munnar Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Government Guest House
- Munnar Resorts
- Tea Harvester
- Hotel Hillview Munnar
- Vedanta Wake Up! Munnar - Town Center
- Cherai Beach Resorts
- Deshadan Mountain Resort
- Munnar Inn
- Madhumanthra Resorts
- Munnar Bus Stop
- Munnar Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Munnar
- What to See in 48 Hours in Munnar
- What to See in 72 Hours in Munnar
- How to Spend 5 Days in Munnar
- How to Spend 6 Days in Munnar
- How to Spend 7 Days in Munnar