Are you looking for what to do in Munnar?
PLACES TO SEE
- Chithirapuram: This sleepy little town is famous for its colonial ambience – all bungalows and courts and playgrounds and tea plantations. It is super charming, and undisputedly one of Munnar’s best sightseeing offerings.
- Kundala Lake: A lake set in the middle of the jungles, the second you see this place, you know that some epic mythological even went down around here – it’s just begging for it. Get here in the afternoon and hire a pedal boat.
- Eravikulam (Rajamalai) National Park: Offers the Nilgiri Thar, an endangered species of mountain goat, lion-tailed macaque, leopards and tigers. It’s one of the best places to visit in Munnar.
- Tata Tea Museum: Tata tea is famous in the country. If you’ve not visited a tea plantation before, it’s quite interesting, but try not to be put off by Tata’s rather propaganda-ish introductory video.
- Munnr Carmelagiri Elephant Park: This is opportunity for a fantastic safari. On an elephant’s back, travel through forests, hills, and valleys. To really immerse yourself, take at least a half-day tour of the place. It’s one of Munnar’s must see places.
Below we have a list of things to do in Munnar and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Munnar getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Munnar with confidence.