Escape to the land where Mother Nature beckons with scrupulously clean beaches and the largest lake of Europe, Mar Menor. The Murcia beaches contribute extensively to the rich golden tan most people crave to have. Although less talked about in comparison with the other cities of Spain, the visitors to Murcia are often caught by surprise with the diversity this region displays. The city attracts tourists with its comely mountain villages and amicable Murcianos.
Once you visit Spain, you can't leave without experiencing the beauty of the beautiful beach side Murcia resorts. The slightly cosmopolitan city boasts of its baroque and Gothic churches this being the reason why Murcia is also referred to as the Baroque city of Southeastern Spain. Murcia is extremely calm peaceful and hence is a perfect getaway from a hectic schedule. The city cultivates export quality fruits and vegetables and therefore has earned the title 'Huerta de Europa'.
Murcia is a blend of serenity and rave at the same time. There is an endless list of entertaining things to do in Murcia which include visiting lush green gardens, attractive scenery, lakes, beautiful beaches, pleasant walking routes, Museums, Castles, Churches, Cathedral, shopping malls and Casinos are a piece of heaven on earth.
Essential travel information and Murcia tips for your visit
- You need not learn Spanish to enjoy your holiday in Murcia. The hotel employees speak English and the restaurants near the Cathedral have English menus as well.
- Direct trains from Madrid, Valencia or Alicante to Murcia are available.
- The coastal motorway connects to north and south Mediterranean coasts.
- Mar Menor has almost transparent water which is favorable for a dip anytime in the year. The water however is about 8 meters deep.
- The town of Murcia is small enough to be completed on foot and therefore public transport would not be a major issue.
Murcia Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Murcia. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Murcia trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Murcia