Cathedral De Santa Maria700 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Plaza Cardenal Belluga, Murcia, Spain
- Timings: 07:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-945122160
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral , Landmarks, Community And Government, Religious, Churches
Cathedral de Santa Maria is a magnificent piece of ancient architecture in the city of Murcia, Spain. The gothic architecture of the church was given a baroque touch in 1748 which was indeed a successful makeover for the church. Cathedral de Santa Maria is a unique blend of gothic and baroque style together with an extravagant 16th century design and a high altar chiseled out of silver. The cathedral also houses a treasury with a remarkable collection of jewelry, silver, furnishings, retablos, paintings, funerary monuments, ancient woodcarvings, tombstones, etc. The walls of the cathedral are of solid limestone while the main entrance door is plateresque. One of the salient features of Santa Maria is the three doors, two of which are Gothic.
Cathedral De Santa Maria Travel Tips
- The cathedral is a wonderful place with a pleasant area to walk around and explore.
- It has no entry fee.
- The cathedral is surrounded by plenty of cafes and restaurants.
How to Reach Cathedral De Santa Maria
- Bus Station: Arco de San Juan
- Plaza Cruz Roja
- Pepe El Torrao San Juan
- La Parranda
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Murcia before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Murcia and book an accommodation of your choice.
90.21% of people who visit Murcia include Cathedral De Santa Maria in their plan
07 AM - 08 AM
74.59% of people start their Cathedral De Santa Maria visit around 07 AM - 08 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Cathedral De Santa Maria
87.88% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cathedral De Santa Maria