Events and Festivals in Murcia
The city of Murcia celebrates a variety of festivals, each for a month.
- January: La Fiesta de las Cuadrillas – This is a folklore music festival that boasts about the Spanish culture and the culture of Murcia. It is celebrated on the last week of January.
- February: Towards the end of February Murcia celebrates the carnival season with great pomp and show.
- March: Las Fallas de San José in Valencia is one of the biggest festivals of Spain celebrated from 12th -19th March. This festival comprises of firework displays, bullfights, dance finale, music performances and a lot more.
- April: The month of April celebrates nature's produce in the city. During this festival the locals are seen flaunting their colorful traditional wear while the streets fill with stalls that sell traditional food of Spain. These dishes include rabbit, hare, Quail, Partridge, etc.
- May: This month celebrates a three culture festival celebrated in Murcia which came in to existence to ward off xenophobia and racism.
- June: During the month of June Murcia celebrates the San Javier International Jazz Festival.
- July: Festival del Cante Flamenco de Lo Ferro is celebrated where tourists and locals enjoy some traditional dance performances and are spectators to the display of beautiful fireworks. During this festival, boats are decorated and painters come together to display their artistic work.
- August: This month celebrates a festival that would interest international tourists. August holds a trophy contest for flamenco dancers and singers.
- September: Pop concerts and bullfighting is part of the September month celebration all over Murcia.
- October: Fiestas de Moros y Cristianos is celebrated from 1st to 15th October which comprises of flamenco dance performances and belly dancing. The city enjoys open air parties during this month as well.
- November: The festival of San Clemente festivities is celebrated during this month with parades and music.
- December: The month of December celebrates a religious festival that ends in a night of wine and migas.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Murcia