The Museo salzillo, also known as Salizillo Museum was opened in the year 1960. The museum is named after the famous scluptor Francisco Salzillo who was born in 1707. Various rooms with wondrous colossal baroque style sculptures contribute to make the Museum of Salzillo a matchless piece of elegance. The museum has a detailed display of an extensive Belen (Bethlehem), which comprises of 556 pieces and is a remarkable possession of Spain. The museum has a tour guide service with information in 2 languages and a good hoard of relevant information. The Church of Jesus is a beautiful construction of the museum that is known for its architectural originality and comes as of part of the visit to Salzillo Museum. Museo Salzillo also has property of the Nuestro Padre Jesús Nazareno brotherhood. A visit to Salzillo Museum of Murcia would indeed make for some peaceful time and cherishing long lasting memories.
Museo Salzillo Travel Tips
- Ticket prices are reduced for pensioners, disabled, students and unemployed. Guided tours for more than 20 persons are subject to an extra charge of 1.50 Euros/per person. Guides will be available only on prior appointment.
Entrance Ticket Details For Museo Salzillo
- General - 5 Euros, Reduced input - 4 Euros, Groups – 3 Euros/per head.
How to Reach Museo Salzillo
- Bus : lines- C1, C2, C3, C4 and Rayo 14.
- Train station: Murcia’s train station
- Luis de Rosario
- Enso Sushi
- Los Arroces de Los 9 Pisos
- Restaurante Virgen del Mar
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Murcia before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Murcia and book an accommodation of your choice.
73.32% of people who visit Murcia include Museo Salzillo in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
74.74% of people start their Museo Salzillo visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Museo Salzillo
74.44% of people prefer walking in order to reach Museo Salzillo