Qurum Beach, Muscat
About Qurum Beach, Muscat
Qurum Beach, Muscat - Address
Address: Shatih Al Qurum
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 8.1K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Beach, Walking Area, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This stretch of sand is well within the city limits. Located just off the Shatih-Al-Qurum region, this beach sees hundreds of people visit every day, both locals and tourists. One can always see people exercising on the pathway that runs parallel to the beach. The open expanse of water and rip-tides don’t make it an ideal place to swim. The beach sees some spectacular sunsets and one can see hundreds of people taking in the tranquil atmosphere so close to the city center.
The Muscat Municipality recently redeveloped the approach and back area of the beach, by culturing a beautiful lawn that runs parallel to the beach. On weekends one can see families enjoys a barbeque or tossing a Frisbee around on the grass, while the young boys and men set up goal post and play football along the entire length of the beach. If you are looking for peace and quiet on a weekend, this is not the beach for you.
There are several shisha parlours along this beach where one can take in the sunset while puffing on fruit flavored molasses in the early evening air.
Qurum Beach Information
- The beach is usually extremely crowded on the weekends.
- It is not really advisable to swim at this beach given the open waters and the occasional rip-tide.
- A long walk down from the Shatih Plaza end will bring you to the Bareeq Al Shatih end, where one can find multiple western eateries, including the most popular Fat Burger, Taco Bell etc.
Restaurants Near Qurum Beach
- Gloria Jeans Cafe and Muscat Pizza
- KFC and McDonalds
- Jean’s Grill
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Muscat before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Muscat and book an accommodation of your choice.
Qurum Beach, Muscat Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Al-qurm Park
- Muscat International Airport
- Al Maha International Hotel
- Oman Convention & Exhibition Centre
- Ramee Guestline Hotel Qurum
- Al Mouj Muscat Lmwj Msqt
- Al Qurum Beach
- Oman Sail
- Ras Al Hadd Guest House
- Muscat Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Muscat
- What to See in 48 Hours in Muscat
- What to See in 72 Hours in Muscat
- How to Spend 5 Days in Muscat
- How to Spend 6 Days in Muscat
- How to Spend 7 Days in Muscat