Qurum BeachCurrently Open
- Address: Shatih Al Qurum, Muscat, Oman
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Tags: Outdoors, Beach, Walking Area, Family And Kids
Qurum Beach - Review
This stretch of sand is well within the city limits. Located just off the Shatih-Al-Qurum region, this beach sees hundreds of people visit every day, both locals and tourists. One can always see people exercising on the pathway that runs parallel to the beach. The open expanse of water and rip-tides don’t make it an ideal place to swim. The beach sees some spectacular sunsets and one can see hundreds of people taking in the tranquil atmosphere so close to the city center.
The Muscat Municipality recently redeveloped the approach and back area of the beach, by culturing a beautiful lawn that runs parallel to the beach. On weekends one can see families enjoys a barbeque or tossing a Frisbee around on the grass, while the young boys and men set up goal post and play football along the entire length of the beach. If you are looking for peace and quiet on a weekend, this is not the beach for you.
There are several shisha parlours along this beach where one can take in the sunset while puffing on fruit flavored molasses in the early evening air.
Qurum Beach Information
- The beach is usually extremely crowded on the weekends.
- It is not really advisable to swim at this beach given the open waters and the occasional rip-tide.
- A long walk down from the Shatih Plaza end will bring you to the Bareeq Al Shatih end, where one can find multiple western eateries, including the most popular Fat Burger, Taco Bell etc.
Restaurants Near Qurum Beach
- Gloria Jeans Cafe and Muscat Pizza
- KFC and McDonalds
- Jean’s Grill
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Muscat before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Muscat and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Qurum Beach
95% of people who visit Muscat include Qurum Beach in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
28.66% of people start their Qurum Beach visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Qurum Beach
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Qurum Beach