Royal Opera House Muscat, MuscatCurrently Closed
- Address: Royal Opera House, Al Kharjiyah St, Muscat 103, Oman
- Timings: 08:30 am - 10:30 am Details
- Phone: +968-24403300
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Entertainment, Performance, Theatre, Family And Kids, Architecture , Opera House
About Royal Opera House Muscat, Muscat
Set in the heart of the Shatih-Al-Qurum area, the Royal Opera House Muscat is a beautiful example of contemporary Omani architecture. The white marble facade is beautifully lit up a golden-yellow in the evening and makes for a stunning sight. Built by a royal decree of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos Bin Said, it was designed and constructed by Carillion Alawi and completed in 2011. A debut season which included performances by artists such as Placido Domingo, Andrea Bocelli and Renee Fleming, the Opera House has also seen performances by The London Philharmonic Orchestra and the American Ballet Theatre.
The grounds of the Opera House contain formal and well horticulture gardens, and include an area which has exclusive retail shops and restaurants. There is also an art centre dedicated to musical, theatrical, operatic art of the region and the world. If you do not have the time to go for a show, they also organize tours of the facility in the mornings. The line-up of artists matches the best in the world, and the acoustics in the theatre are rated as among the best in the world.
Royal Opera House Muscat Information
- The stores in the opera galleria operate between 10 a.m. and 10 p.m. (stores include Patek Phillipe, Jean D’Arcel, Lalique etc.)
- The Public Authority for Crafts Industries (PACI) has a store named the “Omani Artisan House” which serves to promote handmade Omani products from around the region. A perfect place to buy souvenirs and Omani handicraft.
- The restaurants in the Opera Galleria operate between 8:00 a.m. and 12 a.m. on all days and public holidays.
- Gate - 2 is open only during performances.
- Gates 1&5 have no public access.
- Gate – 3 is the Box Office and General entrance.
- Gate – 4 is the Box Office and General entrance as well as the entrance for the Opera Galleria.
Royal Opera House Muscat Ticket Prices
- There are variation in ticket prices as per the shows and seat arrangements, refer the official website for exact prices.
Royal Opera House Muscat Opening and Closing Hours
- Regular box office timings are Saturday to Thursday, 9:00am - 6:00pm.
How To reach Royal Opera House Muscat by Public Transport
- By Rented car from city centre.
Restaurants Near Royal Opera House Muscat
- More Cafe
- The Indus & Al Angham (serves traditional Omani meals)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Muscat before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Muscat and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Royal Opera House Muscat
95% of people who visit Muscat include Royal Opera House Muscat in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
92.73% of people start their Royal Opera House Muscat visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Royal Opera House Muscat
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Royal Opera House Muscat
Royal Opera House Muscat, Muscat Reviews
Very high class place. Go with some money in your pocket its pricey. But a beautiful place to visit. And the events they host are very good
An amazing spot for anyone to visit and have a look at it. Its just an amazing tourist attraction in oman and is an apt space for luxury purchase with a number of shops or brand showrooms for real luxury stuff like diamonds and watches. A number of concerts, skit, drama etc... takes place here and yes all are going to take some snaps on visiting here...
Luxury, Stylish, Distinctive palace. It taste Royal. I attended one Opera show, foreign musical tracks, armed forces musical shows .. dances and plays. Well done.. enjoyable and entertaining. Everything was achieved well and very precisely.
Beautiful building and wonderful entertainment. Be sure to dress appropriately. No knees showing for ladies and guys dress smart... no jeans
This is one of the most stunning buildings I've ever laid eyes on in my travels around the world. It is clear that no expense was spared in the construction of this, with a blend of local and Western architectural influences. The intricate carving everywhere is just a ridiculous feast for the eyes. I've heard you can go on the tour, but f there is an opera show going on, I strongly suggest to go for that instead, so you can turn up an hour early and leisurely enjoy a walk around the opera house yourself. In terms of seating, seats at the 3rd level are cheap (around OMR15). Don't for go the first row unless you're tall, as your view of the stage is slightly obstructed unless you want to lean forwards. And don't go for the second row, because the person in the first row is likely to lean forward and obstruct your view! Dress code is strictly enforced - so read up and over rather than under dress if in doubt.
All QuestionsRoyal opera house muscat
- Attractions near Royal Opera House Muscat
- Bait Al-baranda
- Ghalya's Museum Of Modern Art
- Al Ghubra Lake Park
- Panorama Mall
- Oman Avenues Mall
- Muscat Grand Mall
- Copacabana Nightclub
- Omani Aquarium And Marine Science And Fisheries Centre
- Muscat Gate Museum
- Qantab Beach
- Oman Oil And Gas Exhibition Centre
- Photographic Society Of Oman