Royal Opera House MuscatCurrently Closed
- Address: Royal Opera House, Al Kharjiyah St, Muscat 103, Oman
- Timings: 08:30 am - 10:30 am Details
- Phone: +968-24403300
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Entertainment, Performance, Theatre, Family And Kids, Architecture , Opera House
Royal Opera House Muscat - Review
Set in the heart of the Shatih-Al-Qurum area, the Royal Opera House Muscat (ROHM) is a beautiful example of contemporary Omani architecture in the Sultanate of Oman. The white marble facade is beautifully lit up a golden-yellow in the evening and makes for a stunning sight. Built by a royal decree of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos Bin Said, it was designed and constructed by Carillion Alawi and completed in 2011. A debut season which included performances by artists such as Placido Domingo, Andrea Bocelli and Renee Fleming, the Opera House has also seen performances by The London Philharmonic Orchestra and the American Ballet Theatre. ROHM Muscat hosted some biggest cultural events in Oman.
The grounds of the Opera house Muscat contain formal and well horticulture gardens, and include an area which has exclusive retail shops and restaurants. There is also an art centre dedicated to musical, theatrical, operatic art of the region and the world. The Public Authority for Crafts Industries (PACI) has a store named the “Omani Artisan House” which serves to promote handmade Omani products from around the region. A perfect place to buy souvenirs and Omani handicraft. If you do not have the time to go for a show, they also organize Royal opera house tours of the facility in the mornings. The line-up of artists matches the best in the world, and the acoustics in the theatre are rated as among the best in the world.
Royal Opera House Muscat Information
- Muscat opera house tickets cannot be refunded.
- The Royal Opera House season starts in September to June.
- Royal opera house muscat dress code is formal or business.
- There are variation in ticket prices as per the shows and seat arrangements, refer the official website for exact prices.
- Royal opera house Muscat visiting hours is very restricted.
- Mobile phones, photography or video in the auditorium not allowed.
- Outside food or drinks are not allowed.
- Gate - 2 is open only during performances.
- Gates 1&5 have no public access.
- Gate – 3 is the Box Office and General entrance.
- Gate – 4 is the Box Office and General entrance as well as the entrance for the Opera Galleria.
- Parking available.
- Royal Opera House Muscat forthcoming season - A Legendary Season from September 2017 to May 2018
Royal Opera House Muscat Ticket Prices
Royal opera house muscat tickets -
- Silver: 250 – 500 OMR
- Gold: 500 – 1000 OMR
- Diamond: 1000+ OMR
Opera house muscat tour tickets -
- Adult - RO 3
- Child - RO 1
- Group (per person) - RO 2
Royal Opera House Muscat Opening and Closing Hours
Royal opera house muscat timings -
- Regular box office timings (Saturday to Thursday): 9 am - 6 pm
- Royal opera house tours timing: 8.30 am to 2.30 am
On days of performances box office timings are:
- Saturday to Thursday: 9 am – 11 pm
- Friday: 4 pm – 11 pm
Opera Galleria Muscat timings -
- Saturday - Thursday: 10 am - 10 pm
- Friday: 4 pm - 10 pm
- Opera galleria Muscat restaurants timing: 8:00 am to 12:00
How To reach Royal Opera House Muscat by Public Transport
- By Rented car from city centre.
Restaurants Near Royal Opera House Muscat
- More Cafe
- The Indus & Al Angham (serves traditional Omani meals)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Muscat before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Muscat and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Royal Opera House Muscat
95% of people who visit Muscat include Royal Opera House Muscat in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
92.16% of people start their Royal Opera House Muscat visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Royal Opera House Muscat
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Royal Opera House Muscat
Royal Opera House Muscat Map
Royal Opera House Muscat Trips
Royal Opera House Muscat, Muscat Reviews
Lovely place especially if you want to know more about Oman and the culture, the materials and architecture. Saw a performance of different types of instruments very interesting and good experience. It's a must for a once in a lifetime experience.
Very beautiful inside and out. World class shows. Dress code: women have to wear something below the knees, men have to wear formal attire, no jeans, T shirts or slippers unless it's the formal Omani ones. Otherwise one may borrow the local Omani attire.
With a contemporary Omani architecture, The opera house complex has a theatre, auditorium, good garden, market with retail, and luxury restaurants. The Opera Galeria houses the retail shops which offers fashion, perfumes and jewelry. You can find Cafe's and cultural shops.
A short trip to Muscat and lucky enough to visit the Opera House, and its beautiful inside out.You can have a stroll around the building and the attached shopping mall. Worth visiting while in Muscat.
Mesmerizing! Really beautiful Architectural Grandeur. The Tour is short but still amazing, everything is explained really well. Really recommend it. Its worth the visit.
All QuestionsRoyal opera house muscat
- Hazens Notch State Forest Park
- Hitchock Memorial Library
- Kingdom Mountain Maple
- Millbrook Campground
- North Hills Station
- Seventh-Day Adventist Church
- St Edward's Church
- Legion Lanes
- Minneota City Public Library
- St Leo Catholic Rectory
- Bethel Fellowship Church
- St Eloi Church
- St Paul's Lutheran Church
- First Church Of God