Royal Opera House Muscat, Muscat
About Royal Opera House Muscat, Muscat
Royal Opera House Muscat, Muscat - Address, Phone Number
Address: Royal Opera House, Al Kharjiyah St, Muscat 103, Oman
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:30 am - 10:30 am Details
Added 5.9K times in trip plans
Entertainment, Performance, Theatre, Family And Kids, Architecture , Opera House
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Set in the heart of the Shatih-Al-Qurum area, the Royal Opera House Muscat is a beautiful example of contemporary Omani architecture. The white marble facade is beautifully lit up a golden-yellow in the evening and makes for a stunning sight. Built by a royal decree of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos Bin Said, it was designed and constructed by Carillion Alawi and completed in 2011. A debut season which included performances by artists such as Placido Domingo, Andrea Bocelli and Renee Fleming, the Opera House has also seen performances by The London Philharmonic Orchestra and the American Ballet Theatre.
The grounds of the Opera House contain formal and well horticulture gardens, and include an area which has exclusive retail shops and restaurants. There is also an art centre dedicated to musical, theatrical, operatic art of the region and the world. If you do not have the time to go for a show, they also organize tours of the facility in the mornings. The line-up of artists matches the best in the world, and the acoustics in the theatre are rated as among the best in the world.
Royal Opera House Muscat Information
- The stores in the opera galleria operate between 10 a.m. and 10 p.m. (stores include Patek Phillipe, Jean D’Arcel, Lalique etc.)
- The Public Authority for Crafts Industries (PACI) has a store named the “Omani Artisan House” which serves to promote handmade Omani products from around the region. A perfect place to buy souvenirs and Omani handicraft.
- The restaurants in the Opera Galleria operate between 8:00 a.m. and 12 a.m. on all days and public holidays.
- Gate - 2 is open only during performances.
- Gates 1&5 have no public access.
- Gate – 3 is the Box Office and General entrance.
- Gate – 4 is the Box Office and General entrance as well as the entrance for the Opera Galleria.
Royal Opera House Muscat Ticket Prices
- There are variation in ticket prices as per the shows and seat arrangements, refer the official website for exact prices.
Royal Opera House Muscat Opening and Closing Hours
- Regular box office timings are Saturday to Thursday, 9:00am - 6:00pm.
How To reach Royal Opera House Muscat by Public Transport
- By Rented car from city centre.
Restaurants Near Royal Opera House Muscat
- More Cafe
- The Indus & Al Angham (serves traditional Omani meals)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Muscat before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Muscat and book an accommodation of your choice.
Royal Opera House Muscat, Muscat Reviews - Write a Review
It is one of the most gorgeous architecture in Oman you shouldn't miss visiting. I went at night time because some of the official circumstances, and i was just wondering the way it is constructed. Full teak wood ceilings and marble flooring and wall. This is worth visiting but make sure that there is no rehearsal taking place as it is not allowes you to reach the theatre. It is just amazing.
One of the most beautiful buildings in Muscat. It's actually best to visit in the evening when it's illuminated. We haven't seen an event there yet, but we look forward to seeing an amazing performance soon. There are a few restaurants nearby to hang out at before or after walking around the building.
Really beautiful theater. Wonderful in the evening. Very nice acoustic. I love it.
Everything about Royal Opera House in Muscat is the best. They import top international talent every week with an amazingly varied performance season. The facilities are the best that money can buy and the staff are very well trained and friendly. Definitely a credit to the city of Muscat
A wonderful experience in a beautiful venue. This should be a "must do" for every visitor to Oman.
- Nearby Attractions
- Lord Shiva Temple
- Radisson Blu Hotel فندق راديسون بلو
- Montblanc Muscat - City Centre
- Ofair Traditional Restaurant
- Wadi Kabir
- Vox Cinemas
- Omani Heritage Gallery
- Muscat Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Muscat
- What to See in 48 Hours in Muscat
- What to See in 72 Hours in Muscat
- How to Spend 5 Days in Muscat
- How to Spend 6 Days in Muscat
- How to Spend 7 Days in Muscat