The Sultans Armed Forces MuseumCurrently Open [Closes at 01:30 pm]
- Address: Sultans Armed Forces Museum, Bait-Al-Falaj, Al-Mujamma Street, Darsait, P.O Box 113, P.C 113, Muscat, Oman
- Timings: 08:00 am - 01:30 pm Details
- Phone: +968-24312646
- Ticket Price: 500 BZD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Military Museum, Family And Kids
The Sultans Armed Forces Museum - Review
Located in the Bait Al Falaj fort (Built 1845) this historic site was constructed by Said Bin Sultan, the ancestor of the current monarch of the country. Kept in pristine white condition, the fort now contains snippets of Oman’s military history including a collection of armaments, canons, uniforms etc. That reflect this small nations glorious past.
The fort actually served as military headquarters from 1918 to 1978. In 1978 it was converted to a museum on the orders of H.M Sultan Qaboos Bin Said, and the museum was opened in 1988.
It has separate galleries dedicated to the Portuguese in Oman, Oman’s relationship with Islam, The Al-Busaidi dynasty (which includes the current monarch), as well as dedicated galleries to the various branches of the armed forces including the Royal Air force of Oman, Royal Navy of Oman, Royal Army of Oman etc. There is also a separate gallery dedicated to the reign of the current monarch, His Majesty Sultan Qaboos Bin Said.
The museum library contains a collection of books on military and historical sciences, and can be accessed by the public between 7:30 a.m. and 2.30 p.m.
The Sultans Armed Forces Museum Information
- The Al-Falaj area is well known for the Al-Falaj Hotel which is located on the same street as the Museum.
- The Museum also sells souvenirs such as key chains, pens, caps, t-shirts etc.
The Sultans Armed Forces Museum Ticket Prices
- The Sultans Armed Forces Museum entry fee for kids upto 6 years of age: 200 Belize Dollar
- The Sultans Armed Forces Museum entry fee for kids below 6 years of age: 100 Belize Dollar
How To reach The Sultans Armed Forces Museum by Public Transport
- ONTC bus: If you are coming from the commercial districts of CBD or Ruwi, you can get here by the intracity bus network. Simply ask for Al-Falaj.
- Taxi: An “engaged” taxi ( a taxi that goes only to the passenger’s destination at a mutually agreed upon rate) can be hailed from anywhere. Simply saying “Al Falaj” will suffice to.
- Rent-a-car: Having your own vehicle is the easiest way to get around Muscat (Check if your driving license from your country is legal).
Restaurants Near The Sultans Armed Forces Museum
- Aryan Indian Restaurant (In Al-Falaj Hotel)
- Golden Oryx
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Muscat before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Muscat and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting The Sultans Armed Forces Museum
57.21% of people who visit Muscat include The Sultans Armed Forces Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
61.84% of people start their The Sultans Armed Forces Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see The Sultans Armed Forces Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Sultans Armed Forces Museum
The Sultans Armed Forces Museum Trips
The Sultans Armed Forces Museum, Muscat Reviews
Military area that Shown the old and modern history of Oman and focusing on Military fields. It's Incredible, you can see ships, jets, and old tanks . As well as, inside the museum there is a natural water channel cross the museum.
Cheap ticket 1 rial. Great exposition.
Well preserved artifacts. Best place to learn the history of Oman. A must visit museum.
Very well maintained... and awesomely preserved. Worth watching .
Wonderful place to see the equipment up close!!