Lal Tibba, MussoorieCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Lal Tibba hill, Mussoorie, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Family And Kids, Hill, Nature
About Lal Tibba, Mussoorie
Situated in the Landour area at an altitude of 8000 metre above the sea level, Lal Tibba is the highest point in Mussoorie. Lal Tibba is the oldest populated place in Mussoorie and boasts of scenic views of sunrise and sunset, which leave the visitors spell bound.
Lal Tibba also referred as a Depot Hill owing to the presence of a depot, also houses a camp of the Indian Military services, towers of Doordarshan and All India Radio. A Japanese telescope was placed at the 20 metres tall tower standing on the edge of the cliff to offer scenic views of Badrinath, Kedarnath, Banderpunch, and other Himalayan ranges.
This apart, you can explore some of the old buildings and houses, which are constructed with in British architectural style. Chider’s Lodge located on Lal Tibba is another attraction of this hill. Childer’s Lodge offers some stunning views of the hills and the valley stretching into distance. Accessible by foot, Chider’s Lodge is an ideal picnic spot and does not have any eating places, restrooms or souvenir shops hence enjoy the raw and rustic appeal of nature here.
Explore this beautiful hill of Lal Tibba and get mesmerized by its natural beauty. Mussoorie sightseeing is brightened up by visiting this site.
Lal Tibba Information
- The best time to visit the peak is Sunrise or Sunset, the timings of which may vary.
- It is advised not to travel during the monsoon as the place is infested with leeches.
- It is advisable to carry woolens, even if it is warm in the Mussoorie town.
- Make a point to visit the Sister’s Bazar for souvenirs and shopping.
How To reach Lal Tibba by Public Transport
- Bus or Taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Mussoorie before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mussoorie and book an accommodation of your choice.