About Pioneer Hotel, Mussoorie
The Pioneer Hotel, designed by Tucson architect Roy Place, was one of Tucson's first high-rise buildings. Opened in 1929, the Spanish Revival hotel became the social center of the downtown business district. The property catered to the social elite. In the mid-20th century Harold and Margaret Steinfeld, owners of a large downtown department store, lived in the penthouse. A disastrous fire severely damaged the building in December 1970, and among the 29 victims were the Steinfelds. The building has been converted from a hotel to an office building. Though it adds a rich layer of history to the business district of downtown Tucson, the Pioneer Hotel has not been listed in the National Register of Historic Places because of "irreversible integrity changes" made in the late 1970s and early 1980s. The "modernization" included stripping the building of its ornate cast-stone entryway and adding vertical glass striping in an attempt to up-date the building to reflect design trends popular in the middle to late 20th century. Other changes included the covering of the building's rooftop terrace arcade, changing the storefront window configuration, and reconfiguration of the lobby. The building is 11 stories tall and, when it opened in 1929, it housed the largest ballroom in the country.Wikipedia
Overview of Pioneer Hotel
This article refers Pioneer Hotel in Mussoorie, India. If you have enough time to explore the interiors of the city, you will pass by Pioneer Hotel.
More about Mussoorie
Personalize your visit to the city by chalking out a plan using Mussoorie trip planner.
Add comfortable hotels to your plan, choose from the recommended hotels in Mussoorie like Treebo City Star, Treebo Blessing Bells, Hotel Sungrace and Hotel Shiva Residency.
If you want to add the visit to Pioneer Hotel in your trip, you can choose from the variety of Mussoorie vacation packages that can be designed to suit your preferences. These packages also cover your major concern of how to reach Mussoorie.
Share your experience - Rate Pioneer Hotel, Mussoorie
Amazing place, great view. Booked online & got a good deal. Excellent service by hotel staff, very polite & helpful.
Beautiful view, cozy rooms, location of the hotel is little far. No car parking. Friendly and well behaved staff. Complimentary breakfast is also great. 2 minz walk to mall road.
Pioneer Hotel is a very good Hotel. View from room is very pleasant, awesome valley look. Staff and room service is excellent.
Booked an OYO room... Not worth the money...rooms are too close with no soundproofing...no parking.. Tough to reach if you happen to travel during rush hours... Polite staff though.
awesome hotel..good rooms...awesome food and excellent service,supporting staff...very good hotel with awesome view of mountains
- Other Attractions
- Amo Chhu Crocodile Breeding Centre
- Zangtho Pelri Lhakhang
- Chukha Hydropower Project
- Karbandi Monastery
- Bhutan Gate
- Hotel Sinchula
- Bhutan Residence
- Other Attractions Hotels
- Luxury Hotels Near Amo Chhu Crocodile Breeding Centre
- Budget Hotels Near Zangtho Pelri Lhakhang
- Cheap Hotels Near Chukha Hydropower Project
- 5 Star Hotels Near Karbandi Monastery
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Bhutan Gate
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Phuentsholing City Center
- Cheap Hotels Near Alipur Duar Junction
- Hotels Near New Alipurdaur
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Hotel Sinchula
- Hotels Near Bhutan Residence
- City Tripplans
- Mussoorie Itinerary 5 Days
- Mussoorie Itinerary 7 Days
- Mussoorie Itinerary 6 Days
- Mussoorie Itinerary 2 Days
- Mussoorie Itinerary 3 Days
- Mussoorie Itinerary 4 Days
- Mussoorie Itinerary 1 Day
- 2 Day Trip to Mussoorie from Mussoorie
- Uttarakhand Itinerary 10 Days
- Three Days In Mussoorie Filled With Top Attractions