Visit Mykonos - Best of Mykonos
If slurping a cocktail on the beach after an exhilarating dance party fits into your idea of vacation, Mykonos is the place you should be. It is the most popular destination island in the Aegean. With crystal clean blue waters and picture perfect beaches; Mykonos is that one place where you can pamper yourself with all the fun and recreation after a tiring work schedule. This little Venice of the south has all the grace and pomp of Europe and is yet sensationally chic at the same time.
Mykonos is comprised of island Delos, Rhenia and some rocky islets that together combine to be an ultimate destination for the tourists since the 50’s decade. This Mediterranean destination has everything right from the beaches to beautifully constructed towns, iconic fashion stores and archeological sites. Mykonos is a one for all, all for one place that you must-try once!
Mykonos Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Mykonos tips for your visit
- Mykonos Time Zone - Eastern European Time Zone (UTC+02:00)
- Currency – Official currency in Greece is Euro.
- Electricity – Brussels uses 230 V, 50 Hz alternating current as the power. Plugs and sockets have ungrounded 2 pin connections (Type C) and have grounded / earthed 2 pin connections (Type F).
- Languages - The official language in Mykonos is Greek. However, since it is a tourist destination, most people speak English as well.
- Internet – 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi connections are available in almost every hotel in the city. There are numerous Cafes providing free Wi-Fi to the tourists.
- Security – Police: +30 22890 22716, Health Centre: +30 22890 23998, Tourist Police: +30 22890 22482
- Tipping – Tipping is not mandatory in Greece. However, if you wish to tip for an exceptionally good service, you can tip about 10% to 20% of the bill. If you wish to tip, make sure you tell the waiter you do not expect to be given the change back.
- You must be alert and aware of your surroundings at all times. There could be tourist traps.
- Make sure to book your accommodation in advance. Finding accommodation in the last moment can be tricky and expensive.
- Do not litter. It is against the law. Make sure to keep your surroundings clean.
- Do not leave any articles such as phones, purses and wallets unattended.
- Pickpockets are often attracted to crowded places. Be aware of someone who bumps, shoves or gets too close.
- Do not go into deep unmarked waters or waters of unknown depth and current. It is likely to cause a threat to your life.
- Do not go for a swim in the sea at night. You could potentially put your life in danger.
- Do conserve the environment and don’t pollute the majestic blue waters.
- Remember to carry sunscreen to prevent sunburns.
Are you looking for a Mykonos travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Mykonos Tourist Information
Mykonos Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Mykonos
Save 7%Mykonos Shore Excursion: Private Tour to Delos Island1 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs
When you arrive in port in Mykonos, head out on a private shore excursion to the island of Delos, where you'll discover its l...
Save 7%Mykonos South Coast Cruise9 Reviews
Duration: 8 Hrs
Explore the protected south coast of Mykonos on this guided, full-day cruise. Set sail ona traditional Greek kaiki, complete ...
Save 9%Half-Day Small-Group Guided Tour of Mykonos3 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs
Join a shared small-group tour of Mykonos island andtown. Get more out of your visit to Mykonos on a4-hour tour led by a loca...
Private Half-Day Mykonos Tour6 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs
From charming villages to sandy beaches,there's much to see on this private, 4-hour tour of Mykonos. After beingpicked up at ...Book Now
Popular Hotels in MykonosView all Hotels in Mykonos
More about Mykonos
10 “Modern” Things That Aren’t as Modern as We Think!You thought these were modern? Top 10 things that we use daily and were invented thousands of years ago
13 Indian Celebrities Who Love to TravelUnsure of whether you like travelling? Check out list of 13 Indian Celebrities who love to travel. Get inspiration from them & Pack your Bags & Start Travel.
Essentials Things You Forget to Pack While Travelling?Essentials Things You Forget to Pack While Travelling: Pack your bags smartly with these simple and easy packing tips. Don't Overpack and Underpack.
- Tinos Tourism
- Imerovigli Tourism
- Santorini Tourism
- Athens Tourism
- Drapetsona Tourism
- Lesbos Tourism
- Limni Vouliagmenis Tourism
- Chania Tourism
- Crete Tourism
- Rhodes Tourism
- Delphi Tourism
- Lindos Tourism
Facts and Stats for Mykonos*
Mykonos: Crime and Safety
How safe is Mykonos for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Mykonos.
Burglary and Theft 75 (High)
Mugging and Robbery 41.67 (Moderate)
Assault and Armed Robbery 41.67 (Moderate)
Corruption and Bribery 66.67 (High)
Car Stealing 25 (Low)
Robbery of Car belongings 66.67 (High)
Attacks 58.33 (Moderate)
Drug offense 41.67 (Moderate)
Safety walking alone during daylight 91.67 (Very High)
Safety walking alone during night 33.33 (Low)
Insulting and offensive behaviour 50 (Moderate)
Hate crime due to Racism, Religion, ethnic origin 16.67 (Very Low)
Property crimes and Vandalism 66.67 (High)
Living in Mykonos - Quality of Life
Safety Index 50.52 (Moderate)
Climate Index 97.94 (Very High)
Health Care Index 44.44 (Moderate)
Property Price to Income Ratio 26.56 (Very High)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.