Visit Mykonos - Best of Mykonos
If slurping a cocktail on the beach after an exhilarating dance party fits into your idea of vacation, Mykonos is the place you should be. It is the most popular destination island in the Aegean. With crystal clean blue waters and picture perfect beaches; Mykonos is that one place where you can pamper yourself with all the fun and recreation after a tiring work schedule. This little Venice of the south has all the grace and pomp of Europe and is yet sensationally chic at the same time.
Mykonos is comprised of island Delos, Rhenia and some rocky islets that together combine to be an ultimate destination for the tourists since the 50’s decade. This Mediterranean destination has everything right from the beaches to beautifully constructed towns, iconic fashion stores and archeological sites. Mykonos is a one for all, all for one place that you must-try once!
Mykonos Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Mykonos tips for your visit
- Mykonos Time Zone - Eastern European Time Zone (UTC+02:00)
- Currency – Official currency in Greece is Euro.
- Electricity – Brussels uses 230 V, 50 Hz alternating current as the power. Plugs and sockets have ungrounded 2 pin connections (Type C) and have grounded / earthed 2 pin connections (Type F).
- Languages - The official language in Mykonos is Greek. However, since it is a tourist destination, most people speak English as well.
- Internet – 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi connections are available in almost every hotel in the city. There are numerous Cafes providing free Wi-Fi to the tourists.
- Security – Police: +30 22890 22716, Health Centre: +30 22890 23998, Tourist Police: +30 22890 22482
- Tipping – Tipping is not mandatory in Greece. However, if you wish to tip for an exceptionally good service, you can tip about 10% to 20% of the bill. If you wish to tip, make sure you tell the waiter you do not expect to be given the change back.
- You must be alert and aware of your surroundings at all times. There could be tourist traps.
- Make sure to book your accommodation in advance. Finding accommodation in the last moment can be tricky and expensive.
- Do not litter. It is against the law. Make sure to keep your surroundings clean.
- Do not leave any articles such as phones, purses and wallets unattended.
- Pickpockets are often attracted to crowded places. Be aware of someone who bumps, shoves or gets too close.
- Do not go into deep unmarked waters or waters of unknown depth and current. It is likely to cause a threat to your life.
- Do not go for a swim in the sea at night. You could potentially put your life in danger.
- Do conserve the environment and don’t pollute the majestic blue waters.
- Remember to carry sunscreen to prevent sunburns.
Travel to Mykonos- Know before you go to Mykonos
Facts and Stats for Mykonos*
Mykonos: Crime and Safety
How safe is Mykonos for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Mykonos.
Living in Mykonos - Quality of Life
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Attractions in Mykonos
Mykonos Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Mykonos
Mykonos Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Mykonos
1 Reviews Duration: 4 hours
When you arrive in port in Mykonos, head out on a private shore excursion to the island of Delos, where you'll discover its l...
USD 154.76Book Now
6 Reviews Duration: 4 hours
Enjoy a private half day tour of Mykonos island with a private air conditioned vehicle and an English speaking driver. Explor...
USD 107.82Book Now
9 Reviews Duration: 8 hours
Very nice day cruise around Mykonos on a traditional "kaiki" with nice snacks delicious on board....
USD 104.09Book Now
New on TripHobo Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Mykonos romantically rugged Old Town on a 2.5-hour tour, led by an attentive private guide! Operating at a time to su...
USD 116.45Book Now