How to Reach Mykonos - The Easiest Way to Reach Mykonos
- By Air: There are a number of direct flights to Mykonos as it is a very popular destination. If you cannot find a direct flight to Mykonos, you can pick a flight to Athens. Many local airlines in Athens have a 25-minute flight to Mykonos which is easy to find. Booking in advance is the best though to avoid last minute spoilers.
- By Sea: There are a number of ferries and high speed vessels that can even carry your vehicles if any. The largest ports of Athens -Pireaus and Rafina will take you to Mykonos in about 5.5 hours and 4.5 hours by ferry respectively. The high speed vehicles will reduce this time to almost 3 and 2 hours respectively. Also, the Aegean islands are interconnected by Sea route, so it won’t be difficult to find a ferry to Mykonos. Also, the sea trip will be a sublime experience!
- By Bus: The public transport is the easiest and cheapest transport to roam around Mykonos. The bus tickets can be taken prior to the journey from the ticket vending machines on the bus station, kiosks and mini-markets. You can also buy a ticket after you have boarded the bus. The buses have higher frequency in the tourist season.
- By Taxi: There are only about 30 taxis in Mykonos, so finding a taxi won’t be that easy. You might have to patiently wait in the queue to get one but thankfully the prices are reasonable.
- By Boat: You can hop onto all the southern beaches (which are the best, by-the-way) by a boat service which is cheaply available. But there are timing restrictions for the return trip which is undesirable during the party time.
- By Car or a motorbike: Spread along the length of 12 to 15 kms, getting around by a hired vehicle is the best pick. Cars are not allowed in the town, so you have to park them at the parking spot just before the town. The motorbikes and cycles are a cool way to explore the island on the go. They are cheaply and readily available, easy to park anywhere and swifter to get around the little town.
Are you looking for a Mykonos travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Ask question in category
Simply click on Ask a Question to add question
How to Reach Mykonos from Nearby Cities
|Mikonos to Mykonos||4.24 km||4 mins|
|Naxos to Mykonos||34.15 km||34 mins|
|Thira to Mykonos||75.48 km||1 hour 15 mins|
|Samos prefecture to Mykonos||164.32 km||2 hours 44 mins|
|Athens to Mykonos||190.03 km||3 hours 10 mins|
|Elefsina to Mykonos||211.69 km||3 hours 31 mins|
|Izmir to Mykonos||218.7 km||3 hours 38 mins|
|Tekirdağ to Mykonos||425.17 km||7 hours 5 mins|
|Thessaloniki to Mykonos||425.42 km||7 hours 5 mins|
|Bursa to Mykonos||492.12 km||8 hours 12 mins|
How to Reach Cities Near Mykonos
- How to reach Tinos
- How to reach Imerovigli
- How to reach Santorini
- How to reach Athens
- How to reach Petroupoli
- How to reach Drapetsona
- How to reach Lesbos
- How to reach Chania
- How to reach Crete
- How to reach Delphi
- How to reach Kassiopi
- How to reach Sidari
- How to reach Lindos
- How to reach Corfu
- How to reach Agios Georgios