Lalita Mahal Palace3483 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Lalitha Mahal Palace Road, Siddhartha Layout, Mysuru, Karnataka 570028, Mysore, India Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-8212470444
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Palace, Architecture
The Lalitha Mahal is the second biggest royal residence in Mysore. It is found close to the Chamundi Hills, east of the city of Mysore in the Indian state of Karnataka. The castle was completed in 1921 at the requests of His Highness Krishnaraja Wodeyar IV, the Maharaja of Mysore for the selective stay of the presiding Viceroy of India. Built on a raised ground, the royal residence was molded on the lines of the St. Paul's Cathedral in London and is one of the encroaching structures of the Mysore city. The royal residence painted in immaculate white colour is strikingly stylish. It was changed over into a legacy lodging in 1974. It is presently run as the best inn of the Ashok Group of the India Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC) under the Government of India. Be that as it may, a culture of the definitive illustrious feeling of the royal residence is administered. The supporting structure of the royal residence is of the Ionic twofold section.
Lalita Mahal Palace Travel Tips
- At the ground level, there is an extravagant patio. Round vaults with overwhelming focal arches sets the front rise of the castle. Beautiful stained glass has been widely used to upgrade the features of the castle both in the outside veneers and in inner parts entryways, windows and top side.
How to Reach Lalita Mahal Palace
- Sangeetha Corner
- Jockey Quarters
- Green leaf
- Pai Vista
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Mysore before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mysore and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Lalita Mahal Palace Address: Lalitha Mahal Palace Road, Siddhartha Layout, Mysuru, Karnataka 570028, Mysore, India
- Lalita Mahal Palace Contact Number: +91-8212470444
- Lalita Mahal Palace Timing: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Best time to visit Lalita Mahal Palace(preferred time): 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit Lalita Mahal Palace: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
65.37% of people who visit Mysore include Lalita Mahal Palace in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
40.86% of people start their Lalita Mahal Palace visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Lalita Mahal Palace
92.7% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lalita Mahal Palace
People normally club together Karanji Lake and Mysore Zoo while planning their visit to Lalita Mahal Palace.