Mysore Palace5658 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Sayyaji Rao Rd, Agrahara, Chamrajpura, Mysuru, Karnataka 570001, Mysore, India
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +91-8212421051
- Ticket Price: 40 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture
Imposing and grand, the home of the Wodeyar Royal Family is nearly as impressive as the Taj Mahal. It also has much more to offer. The palace is a eclectic mix of Muslim, Rajput, Hindu and Gothic architecture styles. There are four main rooms; the Ambavilasa (for private audience with the King), the Doll Pavilion, the Kalyana Mantapa (the marriage hall) and the Diwaan-e-Aam (the Public Audience Chamber). In these rooms you’ll find ornately gilded columns, stained glass ceilings, decorative steel grills, chandeliers with fine floral motifs, traditional dolls, Indian and European sculpturing. Some of these were made in England and Scotand before being brogut here. Rememebre to check out the three temples outside the palace, dedicated to the Lords Shiva and Vishnu and an avatar of Vishnu.
Though it’s impressive enough in the day, the palace is magnificent during the autumn festival of Dusserah, when it’s lit up, and prominent Indian artists perform in front of it. The Palace is also illuminated on Sunday evenings and other public holidays from 7:00p.m – 7:45p.m.
Mysore Palace is one of the prime historical attractions of Mysore. Missing a visit here is definitely not done. Mysore Palace ticket prices are inexpensive in comparison to the kind of aesthetic experience that it does offer. A visit to this place will be much better if you buy tickets for Mysore Palace tours and get an insider’s perspective of this attraction. Tickets for Mysore Palace assure you a smooth entry into the history of this place. Mysore Palace Tickets will render an ultimate experience to be cherished for lifetime.
Mysore Palace Travel Tips
- Photography is not allowed inside the palace, only on the palace grounds.
- Footwear is not allowed inside the palace.
- Be careful of elephant and camel litter on the palace grounds.
- It’s usually crowded in here.
- Keep a tight hold on your ticket. You’ll be asked for it repeatedly, and if you don’t have it, you’ll have to purchase another.
- Restrooms are filthy.
- Bring a pair of thick, disposable socks; you wouddn’t want to walk on the sun heated flagstones.
- Carry some ID.
- The outside is much more impressive than the inside.
Entrance Ticket Details For Mysore Palace
- INR 40; Tickets for children (7-12) INR 25; Ticket prices for foreigners: INR 200.
How to Reach Mysore Palace
- Gramantara Bus Stand
- City bus Stand
- Lakshmi Theatre Bus Stand
- Aramanae Cafe
- Hotel Guruprasad
- Doino’s Pizza
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Mysore before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mysore and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Mysore include Mysore Palace in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
77.12% of people start their Mysore Palace visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Mysore Palace
90.42% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mysore Palace