Are you looking for what to do in Mysore?
PLACES TO SEE
- Mysore Palace: The Mysore Palace with its intricate carvings, ivory work, numerous paintings and plush interiors are worth seeing. The Palace is lit up for an hour in the late evenings on National Holidays and every Saturday and Sunday and is a beautiful sight.
- Chamundi Hills: The splendid architecture of the temple which is the abode of the Goddess Chamundeshwari and also the huge statue of Nandi on the Chamundi Hills are the main attractions in addition to it being a good trekking area with good views of the surrounding areas.
- Vrindavan Gardens: The Vrindavan Gardens at the Krishna Raja Sagar Dam is well known for its wonderful landscaped gardens and fountains. The ‘musical fountains’ light and music show is held every evening at 7 p.m. and attracts lots of people here.
- Mysore Zoo: The Mysore Zoo which is among some of the oldest zoos in the world has a large variety of exotic animals from around the globe as well as many rare Indian animals and birds which are not usually seen.
- Besides these sights, Mysore has the Jagamohan Palace and Art gallery, St. Philomena’s Church, religious temples, museums, Karanji Kere, Jayalakshmi Vilas, well maintained gardens and parks that also see many tourists visiting.
THINGS TO DO
- Nightclubs and bars: The Hookah Club at Planet X is a popular hangout with the locals and visitors. The ambience of the hookah club and the recreation centre in the same complex make this a good place to visit. Purple Haze is a pub where one can hang out with friends at the bar while listening to good music.
- Shopping: Mysore is famous for its special silk saris which are available at the Government Silk Weaving Factory showroom at Manandavadi Road and KR Circle. The state run Cauvery Handicrafts Emporium and the Government Handicrafts Emporium are the best places to buy wooden carved sculptures or the famous Mysore Ganjifa paintings. Incense sticks made here are available in the local market. The other good places to shop at are Sayyaji Rao Road and Devaraj Urs Road.
Below we have a list of things to do in Mysore and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Mysore getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Mysore with confidence.