Saumyakeshava TempleCurrently Open
- Address: Nagamangala, Karnataka 571432, India Map
- Phone: +91-9448750603
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
The Saumya Keshava Temple is a twelfth century temple from Hoysala Empire and is a protected monument acknowledged by the Archaeological Survey Of India. This star shaped temple complex rises on jagati platform and is built with soapstone. The Nagara features of the temple architecture are quite striking with the tower of Mahadvara and the Prakara walls. The seven storey tall Gopuram or the entrance to the Saumya Keshava Temple is built with brick and limestone and has carvings of Hindu deities and other decorations in stucco style. The interior to the temple comprises of sanctum or garbhagriha, vestibule or antarala and inner hall or navaranga leading to gathering hall or mahamantapa. The 6 feet statue of Keshava or Vishnu on Garuda is revered here.
How to Reach Saumyakeshava Temple
- Buses to stop - Town Bus Stop
- Saumyakeshava Temple Address: Nagamangala, Karnataka 571432, India
- Saumyakeshava Temple Contact Number: +91-9448750603
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!