Ao-re NagaokaCurrently Closed
- Address: シティホールプラザアオーレ長岡, Japan, 〒940-0062 新潟県長岡市大手通１丁目４－１０ (City Hall Plaza A Ore Nagaoka, Japan, Yubinbango940-0062 Nagaoka, Niigata Prefecture Otedori 1-chome, 4-10)
- Timings: 09:30 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-258392275
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building, Hall
About Ao-re Nagaoka, Nagaoka
City halls tend to be grand looking but boring places, stately buildings where the governing is done and from where civilians usually stay away. Notso here. When constructing Ao-re, the architect KengoKuma had a very definitive aim in mind: to create a meeting place for citizens in an warm and inviting ambience. To this end, rather than use traditional brick and mortar, they made used of local cedar to create an unusual checkered interior wall, a frontal garden extending from inside the building to the street outside. Moreover, he put the city council chamber on the ground floor, so the people could better connect with their government. You will rarely find a civic structure more beautiful, more elegant. 1.2 million people visit it every year… just to hang out.
Ao-re Nagaoka Information
- Disabled accessible.
Ao-re Nagaoka Opening and Closing Hours
- Some departments have other timings: 9:30 am to 5:15 pm.
How To reach Ao-re Nagaoka by Public Transport
- Drive to here.
- This is 5 minute walk from the JR Station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nagaoka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nagaoka and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Ao-re Nagaoka
95% of people who visit Nagaoka include Ao-re Nagaoka in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
34.36% of people start their Ao-re Nagaoka visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Ao-re Nagaoka
92.87% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ao-re Nagaoka
Ao-re Nagaoka Map
Ao-re Nagaoka, Nagaoka Reviews
designed by kengo kuma
cool city hall plaza designed by Kengo Kuma, 2012/4/1 opening.
Good place to visit at the weekend
All QuestionsAo-re nagaoka
- Herndon Park
- Hope Valley Baptist Church
- Pilgrim Baptist Church
- Immaculata Conception Catholic Parish
- Riverside Baptist Church
- St Titus Episcopal Church
- Through This Lens
- Victorious Praise Fellowship
- Markham Chapel Baptist Church
- Cedar Fork Baptist Church
- Grace Baptist Church
- Pilgrim United Church Of Christ
- Frog Hollow Outdoors
- Faith Community Church
- Duke Memorial United Methodist Church