Echigo Hillside ParkCurrently Closed
- Address: 越後長岡丘陵公園, Japan, 〒940-2043 Niigata Prefecture, Nagaoka, 宮本東方町字三ツ又1950番1 (EchigoNagaoka hill Park, Japan, Yubinbango940-2043 Niigata Prefecture, Nagaoka, Miyamototoho-cho three-pronged 1950 No. 1)
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-258478001
- Ticket Price: 410 JPY
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Park, Play Ground, Observatory, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Fountain, Festival, Amphitheater, Sculpture
Echigo Hillside Park - Review
This massive hillside park has everything. Here's a quick summary of its facilities.
The playground facilities include wooden structures, bounce pits, musical fountain, amphitheatre, a burnt grass sculpture, a grass, a huge grass lawn. There is a rock garden laid out to mirror the milky way; multiple flower viewing gardens and promenades; a barbeque area, atrium, and rest house; there is a conference centre; and a six different high landscaped from where you have scenic views (this includes a stylish 3-floor high observatory with a model of an elm forest inside).
It's more than a local family favourite hangout though. Throughout the year, major events are either celebrated or take place in the park: Tulip Festival, Rose Festival, Summer Nights Illuminations, Cosmos Festival, Autumn rose Festival, Winter Illumination, Winter Festival, Hellebore Festival and the Hepatica Festival.
Echigo Hillside Park Information
- Paid parking is available. Free for the disabled and the handicapped.
- Put dogs on a leash.
- Bring no restricted items to the park. Check attraction website for the list.
- Find a map of the park on the attraction website.
Echigo Hillside Park Ticket Prices
- Adult groups of 20+: 290 yen/person
- Children (Primary and Junior High Students): 80 yen (50 yen for groups)
- Over 65 years old: 210 yen
- Free for preschoolers.
- Free for the disabled and the handicapped.
- No charges during winter.
Echigo Hillside Park Opening and Closing Hours
- January,February,March: Closed on Mondays, unless its a national holiday, in which case closed the next day.
- Might be closed on certain days in November and December. Call attraction for day of you intended visit.
- Closed in Winter (December - February): Walking Path, Barbecue Area, Koshi-no-ike Pond, Flower Hill, English Garden, and the Summer House at Chi-no-jin.
How To reach Echigo Hillside Park by Public Transport
- Bus: New Town line via Sekihara. Take the bus from platform 6 to the park.
- Drive to here or take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nagaoka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nagaoka and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Echigo Hillside Park
95% of people who visit Nagaoka include Echigo Hillside Park in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
88.89% of people start their Echigo Hillside Park visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Echigo Hillside Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Echigo Hillside Park
Echigo Hillside Park Map
Echigo Hillside Park Trips
Echigo Hillside Park, Nagaoka Reviews
Magnificent! Worth the visit. ❤️
Wonderful sightseeing place
The park is enjoyable even in the winter with riding sled. Most of people bring lunch box and folding type tent in the summer.