Echigo Hillside Park83 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 04:30 pm]
- Address: 越後長岡丘陵公園, Japan, 〒940-2043 Niigata Prefecture, Nagaoka, 宮本東方町字三ツ又1950番1 (EchigoNagaoka hill Park, Japan, Yubinbango940-2043 Niigata Prefecture, Nagaoka, Miyamototoho-cho three-pronged 1950 No. 1)
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-258478001
- Ticket Price: 410 JPY
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Park, Observatory, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Fountain, Festival, Amphitheater, Sculpture
This massive hillside park has everything. Here's a quick summary of its facilities.
The playground facilities include wooden structures, bounce pits, musical fountain, amphitheatre, a burnt grass sculpture, a grass, a huge grass lawn. There is a rock garden laid out to mirror the milky way; multiple flower viewing gardens and promenades; a barbeque area, atrium, and rest house; there is a conference centre; and a six different high landscaped from where you have scenic views (this includes a stylish 3-floor high observatory with a model of an elm forest inside).
It's more than a local family favourite hangout though. Throughout the year, major events are either celebrated or take place in the park: Tulip Festival, Rose Festival, Summer Nights Illuminations, Cosmos Festival, Autumn rose Festival, Winter Illumination, Winter Festival, Hellebore Festival and the Hepatica Festival.
Echigo Hillside Park Travel Tips
- Paid parking is available. Free for the disabled and the handicapped.
- Put dogs on a leash.
- Bring no restricted items to the park. Check attraction website for the list.
- Find a map of the park on the attraction website.
Entrance Ticket Details For Echigo Hillside Park
- Adult groups of 20+: 290 yen/person
- Children (Primary and Junior High Students): 80 yen (50 yen for groups)
- Over 65 years old: 210 yen
- Free for preschoolers.
- Free for the disabled and the handicapped.
- No charges during winter.
Echigo Hillside Park Hours
- January,February,March: Closed on Mondays, unless its a national holiday, in which case closed the next day.
- Might be closed on certain days in November and December. Call attraction for day of you intended visit.
- Closed in Winter (December - February): Walking Path, Barbecue Area, Koshi-no-ike Pond, Flower Hill, English Garden, and the Summer House at Chi-no-jin.
How to Reach Echigo Hillside Park
- Bus: New Town line via Sekihara. Take the bus from platform 6 to the park.
- Drive to here or take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nagaoka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nagaoka and book an accommodation of your choice.
82.18% of people who visit Nagaoka include Echigo Hillside Park in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
82.14% of people start their Echigo Hillside Park visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Echigo Hillside Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Echigo Hillside Park
Echigo Hillside Park Reviews & Ratings
Better than expected! Nice facilities, trampoline thing was a blast, water area was pleasant, good times (if you have kids or are a adult child) overall! I shave ice and smoothies in that shack store suck, however.
Best park in the city. Big play ground & lots of stuffs for kids. Greenary all around. Bicycle ride is fun. Bungee trampoline is fun for kids. Entrance fee is minimal. Vehicle parking fee is also cheap. Highly recommended.
One of the best state-managed natural park in Japan.
Great place, especially in early summer, I think.