Echigo Hillside ParkCurrently Closed
- Address: 越後長岡丘陵公園, Japan, 〒940-2043 Niigata Prefecture, Nagaoka, 宮本東方町字三ツ又1950番1 (EchigoNagaoka hill Park, Japan, Yubinbango940-2043 Niigata Prefecture, Nagaoka, Miyamototoho-cho three-pronged 1950 No. 1)
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-258478001
- Ticket Price: 410 JPY
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Park, Play Ground, Observatory, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Fountain, Festival, Amphitheater, Sculpture
This massive hillside park has everything. Here's a quick summary of its facilities.
The playground facilities include wooden structures, bounce pits, musical fountain, amphitheatre, a burnt grass sculpture, a grass, a huge grass lawn. There is a rock garden laid out to mirror the milky way; multiple flower viewing gardens and promenades; a barbeque area, atrium, and rest house; there is a conference centre; and a six different high landscaped from where you have scenic views (this includes a stylish 3-floor high observatory with a model of an elm forest inside).
It's more than a local family favourite hangout though. Throughout the year, major events are either celebrated or take place in the park: Tulip Festival, Rose Festival, Summer Nights Illuminations, Cosmos Festival, Autumn rose Festival, Winter Illumination, Winter Festival, Hellebore Festival and the Hepatica Festival.
- Paid parking is available. Free for the disabled and the handicapped.
- Put dogs on a leash.
- Bring no restricted items to the park. Check attraction website for the list.
- Find a map of the park on the attraction website.
- Adult groups of 20+: 290 yen/person
- Children (Primary and Junior High Students): 80 yen (50 yen for groups)
- Over 65 years old: 210 yen
- Free for preschoolers.
- Free for the disabled and the handicapped.
- No charges during winter.
- January,February,March: Closed on Mondays, unless its a national holiday, in which case closed the next day.
- Might be closed on certain days in November and December. Call attraction for day of you intended visit.
- Closed in Winter (December - February): Walking Path, Barbecue Area, Koshi-no-ike Pond, Flower Hill, English Garden, and the Summer House at Chi-no-jin.
- Bus: New Town line via Sekihara. Take the bus from platform 6 to the park.
- Drive to here or take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nagaoka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nagaoka and book an accommodation of your choice.
82.18% of people who visit Nagaoka include Echigo Hillside Park in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
82.14% of people start their Echigo Hillside Park visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Echigo Hillside Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Echigo Hillside Park
Magnificent! Worth the visit. ❤️
Wonderful sightseeing place
The park is enjoyable even in the winter with riding sled. Most of people bring lunch box and folding type tent in the summer.
駐車料金と入場料がかかります。 ちょっと取りすぎでは、、、？ 料金を取ることに反対はしません。 暇つぶしの人が少なくゆったりできることもあるので。 中のレストランも特別安いわけでなく料金は普通ですかね。 せめてイベントや体験は無料であれば足が近づきます。 ちなみに無料開放日はめちゃくちゃ混み合います。