How to Reach Nagaoka
- By Train: Nagaoka Station: Receives trains from Tokyo, Koriyama, Sakata, Nagano, Kanazawa, and Osaka.
- By Bus: It's a 4 hour journey from Tokyo to NagaokaKita(North); 9 hour journey from Osaka to Nagaoka Station.
- By Car: Nagaoka can also be driven down from Tokyo, Koriyama, Nagano, Kanazawa, and Osaka.
- By Bus: Local buses ply out of Nagaoka Station, leaving from various platform exits. It's a little difficult to figure it out online, but one easy trick is to call your destination and ask them which bus to take. They will know. Carry exact change; get change from machine by the driver.
- By Car: Renting your own car to get around will allow you to sidestep most language barriers, if that's a problem.
- By Taxi: Taxis are generally easily available, but it's a good idea to keep a driver or two's phone number. Or a taxi company phone number.
|Tsubame to Nagaoka||19.29 km||19 mins|
|Minamiuonuma to Nagaoka||25.24 km||25 mins|
|Niigata to Nagaoka||44.42 km||44 mins|
|Shibata to Nagaoka||67.83 km||1 hour 7 mins|
|Myoko to Nagaoka||75.13 km||1 hour 15 mins|
|Honcho to Nagaoka||173.77 km||2 hours 53 mins|
|Tokyo to Nagaoka||176.06 km||2 hours 56 mins|
|Chiba to Nagaoka||213 km||3 hours 33 mins|
|Jakarta to Nagaoka||4227.14 km||70 hours 27 mins|
|Singapore to Nagaoka||4261.21 km||71 hours 1 mins|