How to Reach Nagaoka
How to reach Nagaoka
- By Train: Nagaoka Station: Receives trains from Tokyo, Koriyama, Sakata, Nagano, Kanazawa, and Osaka.
- By Bus: It's a 4 hour journey from Tokyo to NagaokaKita(North); 9 hour journey from Osaka to Nagaoka Station.
- By Car: Nagaoka can also be driven down from Tokyo, Koriyama, Nagano, Kanazawa, and Osaka.
- By Bus: Local buses ply out of Nagaoka Station, leaving from various platform exits. It's a little difficult to figure it out online, but one easy trick is to call your destination and ask them which bus to take. They will know. Carry exact change; get change from machine by the driver.
- By Car: Renting your own car to get around will allow you to sidestep most language barriers, if that's a problem.
- By Taxi: Taxis are generally easily available, but it's a good idea to keep a driver or two's phone number. Or a taxi company phone number.