Nagaoka War Damage Exhibit Hall95 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 2 Chome-6-17 Jonaicho, Nagaoka, Niigata Prefecture 940-0061, Japan
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-258363269
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: War Memorial, Family And Kids, Exhibition , Hall
It is said that the Niigata area was the third of the sites designated to be bombed by nuclear weapons after Hiroshima and Nagasaki in WWII, but the country surrendered before the plan could be carried out. However, the city was extensively firebombed, and much of it was destroyed. This unassuming looking exhibition, presented over two floors, exhibits artefacts from the bombing period such as clothes, photographs, a pocket watch, and fragments of the bombs. On the upper floor of the exhibit is a memorial to all those who perished in the fire-bombing.
Nagaoka War Damage Exhibit Hall Travel Tips
- Paid parking facility is available outside.
Nagaoka War Damage Exhibit Hall Hours
- Closed on Monday, unless it is a holiday, in which case it is closed the following day.
How to Reach Nagaoka War Damage Exhibit Hall
- Drive to here.
- This is a 2 minute walk from the JR Nagaoka station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nagaoka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nagaoka and book an accommodation of your choice.
94.06% of people who visit Nagaoka include Nagaoka War Damage Exhibit Hall in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
70% of people start their Nagaoka War Damage Exhibit Hall visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Nagaoka War Damage Exhibit Hall
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Nagaoka War Damage Exhibit Hall