Events and Festivals in Nagarkot, Nepal
Events and Festivals in Nagarkot
- Dashain: The festival of Dashain is celebrated all across Kathmandu with much revelry and pomp. The festival usually occurs in September to mid October. People in the streets are dressed in their traditional best, and the Nepalese wake early in the morning to give their offerings to the gods.
- Tihar: Shortly following the festival of Dashian and held in the late autumn is the festival of Tihar, which is roughly correspondent to the Hindu festival of Diwali in India. The festival commemorates the goddess Lakshmi, the goddess of light, and runs a total of 5 days. During this time, the lights are a glow in the temples and in the homes, and families put out candles and oil lamps to illuminate the pathways at night.
- Gaijatra: One of the most popular festivals in Nagarkot for its significance and spectacle, the festival of Gaijatra celebrates the cow, a holy animal in Hinduism. It also pays respects those who have died in the past year, and is held sometime during the months of August and September.
Trip plans for Nagarkot
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Nagarkot
Events & Festivals in Top Cities in Nepal
- Events & Festivals in Kathmandu
- Events & Festivals in Pokhara
- Events & Festivals in Butwal
- Events & Festivals in Putalibazar
- Events & Festivals in Balaju
- Events & Festivals in Mahalaxmi