How to Reach Nagarkot
How to reach Nagarkot
- By Air: Tribhuvan International Airport is located in Kathmandu and is the only nearest airport to Nagarkot if you are coming by air. From the airport, you will get private taxi.
- By Bus: Coming by bus from Kathmandu is the most inexpensive and easiest way to reach Nagarkot. Public buses from Kathmandu to Bhaktapur bus terminal are available in every hour. From there, you need to change another bus to reach Nagarkot. Direct buses from Shorakhutee Tourist Bus Park Nayabazzar (Kathmandu) are also there. These buses pass through the beautiful scenic beauty of Bhaktapur and pine forest before you reach your destination.
- By Car: Private hire cars are there to reach Nagarkot.
- By Taxi: Taxis are also available from the international airport. From there, you can reach Nagarkot by car within 40 mins. From the city center, it will take you around 1 hour.
- By Trekking: If you love trekking, then your journey to Nagarkot will be the most exciting one in your life. Taking a short bus or car ride from Kathmandu will let you reach Sundarijal. From there, the trekking starts. It continues to Chisapani and then to Nagarkot.
- Mountain Biking: If you are looking for any alternate transportation system to reach Kathmandu and if you are fond of driving bike, mountain biking from Bhaktapur to Nagarkot will be your route. However, be careful about the road as it is quite harsh and steep.
- On Foot: Most of the tourist sites of Nagarkot are closely located. Moreover, the road route is quite favorable for hiking. So, if you have strong legs, walking around the village is the best thing you can think of.
Modes of Transportation in Nagarkot
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Nagarkot. The most preferred mode of transport in Nagarkot is Walking.
Average distance: 11.33 km Average time: 55.92 min
Walking 33.33%Walking 52.5 min Bike 12.5 min Driving 7.5 min Other 7 min Bus 2.5 min Waiting 1.25 min Overall average time for 8 kms 83.25 min
Bus/Trolleybus 25%Bus 31.67 min Waiting 11.67 min Walking 8.33 min Overall average time for 6 kms 51.67 min
Motorbike 8.33%Motorbike 10 min Overall average time for 4 kms 10 min
Bike 25%Bike 31.67 min Overall average time for 9 kms 31.67 min
Train/Metro 8.33%Train 20 min Bus 15 min Bike 15 min Driving 15 min Walking 6 min Waiting 5 min Other 2 min Overall average time for 55 kms 78 min