Events and Festivals in Nagasaki
Nagasaki hosts a number of festivals during the year that catch international visitors at unawares.
The beginning of October is a popular time for festivals, and in Nagasaki, it’s one of the best times of the year. This is one the country’s most renowned festivals, and Nagasaki’s largest. The parades’ floats are wonderfully enormous, and the streets come alive with food vendors.
In January and February the Chinese residents of Nagasaki put on a show of lanterns throughout the city to celebrate their Lunar New Year.
Celebrated in all of Japan, O-Bon festivities in Nagasaki are particularly raucous and fun, with fireworks and booze flowing in the harbour area until early morning hours. It takes place in August.
From Nagasaki’s harbour boats leave and fifteen minutes later arrive at Iojima. The small island boasts wonderful beaches, and creates a stark contrast to the rest of the day spent in the big city. Included in the boat ticket price is a visit to the island hotel’s hot springs to clean off the salts and sands.
Trip plans for Nagasaki
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Nagasaki
Nagasaki Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Nagasaki
Nagasaki Audio TourNew on TripHobo
Duration: 3 Hrs
Download a vibrantly-narrated mp3 audio guide combined with a map detailing the area of your tour.Along this guided tour of t...Book Now
- Events & Festivals in Hiroshima
- Events & Festivals in Takamatsu
- Events & Festivals in Odacho Oda
- Events & Festivals in Himeji
- Events & Festivals in Kobe
- Events & Festivals in Wakayama
- Events & Festivals in Shimonoseki
- Events & Festivals in Osaka
- Events & Festivals in Nara
- Events & Festivals in Tokyo
- Events & Festivals in Kyoto
- Events & Festivals in Narita
- Events & Festivals in Nagoya-shi
- Events & Festivals in Kanazawa-shi
- Events & Festivals in Nikko