How to Reach Nagoya-shi, Japan
The Easiest Way to Reach Nagoya-shi
HOW TO GET TO NAGOYA-SHI
- By Air:
- Chubu Centrair International Airport is on an artificial island offshore, and connects to Nagoya via the Meitetsu Airport Line. Trains depart at the minimum every 30 minutes. This now serves all international and most domestic flights.
- Nagoya Airport: Regional flights by J-Air, are practically the only one using this airport now, north of the city. Shuttle buses leave for Nagoya every 28 minutes
- By Train: The Tokaido Shinkansen route connects Nagoya to Tokyo (1 hour 40 minutes), Osaka (53 minutes), Gifu, Kyoto (36 minutes), Hamamatsu and Shizuoka, and other further destinations. The Puratto Kodama Ticket offers slower but cheaper service.
- By Bus: Nagoya is well connected to many destinations throughout the mainland via the bus operators Willer Express, JR Bus, Meitetsu Bus and the Meishin Highway Bus Line.
- By Boat: The Taiheiyo Ferry will ferry cars overnight to southern Hokkaido to the ports of Sendai and Tomakomai from the Nagoya Ferry Terminal.
HOW TO GET AROUND NAGOYA-SHI
- By Subway: Though not the cheapest or most comprehensive way to get around, the public transport is decent enough. There are 6 lines, color coded red (SakuradÃ…ri), purple (Meijo and Meiko), yellow (Higashiyama), blue (Tsurumaii) and pink (Kamiida). Make sure you remember each station has multiple exits, and that you need to leave from the correct ones. Download a Nagoya subway travel guide from online.
- By Car: Rent a car at your own peril, because unless you have an excellent GPS tool, and/or a great understanding of the language, you’re going to get hopelessly confused. Spend some serious time studying the maps and the rules before you take to the road.
- By Taxi: If you’re up to sharing rides, taxis are the easiest way to get around in Nagoya. The base fare takes you a base distance of 1.3km, and that’s usually more than enough for most of your needs, especially if you have a well planned itinerary.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Nagoya-shi and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Nagoya-shi
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Nagoya-shi. The most preferred mode of transport in Nagoya-shi is Working from Home.
Average distance: 0.8 km Average time: 7 min
Walking 50%Walking 7 min Overall average time for 0.8 kms 7 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Nagoya-shi
- How to reach Kyoto
- How to reach Takayama
- How to reach Nara
- How to reach Kanazawa-shi
- How to reach Kobe
- How to reach Hakone
- How to reach Akasaka Haguro
- How to reach Kitanagoya
- How to reach Kuwana District
- How to Reach Top Cities in Japan
- How to reach Tokyo
- How to reach Hiroshima
- How to reach Narita
- How to reach Nikko
- How to reach Sapporo-shi
- How to reach Akita
- How to reach Fukuoka-shi
- How to reach Himeji
- How to reach Sendai-shi
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Karai
- How to reach Budapest
- How to reach Bertauciai