Nagoya City Science MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: 2 Chome-17-1 Sakae, Naka Ward, Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture 460-0008, Japan, Nagoya-shi
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-522014486
- Ticket Price: 400 JPY
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Planetarium , Family And Kids, Exhibition , Specialty Museum
About Nagoya City Science Museum, Nagoya-shi
It's hard to miss the museum - the giant silver globe that houses the world's largest planetarium is rather prominent. The planetarium shows, which happen six times a day, are the main attraction of the museum. Most of the Museum's other attractions were renovated in 2011 and 2012 to coincide with the opening of the planetarium. The museum has seven floors of exhibits which are mostly interactive, and stimulate various scientific and natural phenomena - the water cycle, tornadoes, electricity, and deep freezing, to name a few. Temporary exhibitions are held in the basement. Check the schedules for these exhibits on the attraction website. Also of interest are the buildings own photovoltaic power generators, the exterior green wall, and the earthquake resistant construction.
Nagoya City Science Museum Information
- Guides are provided in multiple languages.
- Wheelchairs available on request.
- There is a museum restaurant where you can have lunch.
- Planetarium shows are in Japanese only but are still quite interesting.
Nagoya City Science Museum Ticket Prices
- Museum and planetarium: 800 yen
- High school & university students
- Museum & Planetarium 500 yen
- Museum only 200 yen
- Junior high school students and below: Free
- Residents over 65 years of age:
- Museum & Planetarium 200 yen
- Museum only 100 yen
- A large variety of shows happen in the planetarium and Museum multiple times a day. Check attraction website for hours regarding the day of your visit.
Nagoya City Science Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- Last admission at 4:30pm
- Hours given do not apply to planetarium night projections.
- Planetarium shows run for 1 hour
How To reach Nagoya City Science Museum by Public Transport
- Higashiyama and Tsurumai Subway Lines stop Fushimi Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nagoya-shi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nagoya-shi and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Nagoya City Science Museum
95% of people who visit Nagoya-shi include Nagoya City Science Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
64.77% of people start their Nagoya City Science Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Nagoya City Science Museum
94.62% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Nagoya City Science Museum
People normally club together Nagoya Castle and Toyota Commemorative Museum Of Industry And Technology while planning their visit to Nagoya City Science Museum.
Nagoya City Science Museum Map
Nagoya City Science Museum Trips
2 Views9 Days 8 Nights9 Day Trip to Tokyo, Kyoto, Nagoya-shi from BhopalBy: Guest UserCity: Tokyo, Kyoto, Nagoya-shi
Nagoya City Science Museum, Nagoya-shi Reviews
3 wings of 7 floors each (though the planetarium is multiple floors of one wing, this is the greatest science museum I have ever visited. The California Academy of Sciences and the Exploratorium in SF put together cannot match the scope and density of the interactive exhibits and highlights of what the scientific process is all about. A wall of the periodic table of the elements displays everyday objects containing each one (unless it's radioactive), you can study materials' elasticity and conductivity, waves of light and sound and motion, program a rotating drum that rings bells to your favorite melody, and check a beautiful sundial outside that comes with an adjustment plot for the month. The geology section explains how different minerals and fossils offer many kinds of clues to scientists, while another section explains household materials, ecology, and the value of composting. The ground floor has a huge waterworks with various activities to build intuition about energy and mechanics, and it just gets better. You couldn't ask for a better place to inspire citizen scientists young and old.
Great museum with lots of interactive exhibits, and the occasional seasonal exhibition (such as Marvel and Pokemon). The museum is also home to a huge planetarium which has regular shows, but unfortunately they’re only available in Japanese. That said, the seating of the planetarium is literally the most comfortable seating hitherto designed by mankind, and well worth the entrance fee for the best nap of your life.
Very impressive museum with lots of interactive activities and exhibits bound to engage. After all the activities can take a short nap at the planetarium especially if you do not understand japanese. Shows are educational. Can easily spend one full day here if you have kids and take your time to explore.
5 floors of family fun and you will not need to understand Japanese to enjoy. No need to go to the top floor planetarium if you don't understand Japanese tho. Marvel heroes display at B1 was a plus!!
Really cool museum. A lot of interesting items to see and play with plus laboratory shows on different science topics. At least 3-4 hrs. Definitely recommend.
All QuestionsNagoya city science museum
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal