Osu Shopping Street, Nagoya-shiCurrently Open
- Address: District Osu 3-28-25, Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture 460-0011, Japan, Nagoya-shi
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Entertainment, Shopping Center, Family And Kids, Streets
About Osu Shopping Street, Nagoya-shi
Religion, entertainment, commerce and culture are all colorfully expressed in this sprawling and thriving shopping district. Founded 400 years ago, the nine streets of 1200 shops are close to the revered Osu Kannon Temple. The goods sold here have evolved over the years but their price has not. Everything is unbelievably cheap - appliances, cosplay outfits, otaku outlets, musical instruments, electronics, second hand clothes, furniture - you name it, they have it. A particularly popular stop is 'M's Melody' where customers are greeted by hostesses in maid outfits with the words 'Welcome home, Master.' Naturally, it's almost always thick with locals and tourists alike; the atmosphere is bustling, almost festive. Indeed, events and festivals happen all around the year, for example, the the Osu Summer Festival (August) and the Osu Daido-chonin Festival (October).
Do visit the temple though.
Osu Shopping Street Opening and Closing Hours
- Opening hours for individual shops may vary.
- Typical shop timings are from 11am-8pm.
How To reach Osu Shopping Street by Public Transport
- From Nagoya Station, take the Higashiyama Subway Line, transfer to Tsurumai Line at Fushimi Station. Stop Osu Kannon Station on the Tsurumai Subway Line.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nagoya-shi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nagoya-shi and book an accommodation of your choice.