Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium509 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1-3 Minatomachi, Minato Ward, Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture 455-0033, Japan
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +81-526547080
- Ticket Price: 2000 JPY
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Aquarium, Family And Kids
Built in 1992, this public aquarium is one of Japan's better ones. It has two major exhibits. The north building is dedicated to cetaceans - killer and Beluga whales, dolphins, porpoises and such. It has one of the largest outdoor tanks in the world, where audiences are treated to fantastic dolphin shows. You can also see how these dolphins are fed and trained. The second exhibit in the south building is more unusual: It documents and narrates the journeys of the Antarctic research and icebreaker ship Fuji, which was active for 18 years from 1965. The ship itself is on exhibit here, and has been converted into a museum for the Antarctic world. It's utterly fascinating.
Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium Travel Tips
- Get a re-entry stamp to re-enter on the same day.
- No eating, drinking, or smoking outside designated area.
- No lights or flash equipment.
- Find a map of the complex on the attraction website.
Entrance Ticket Details For Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium
- High school student: 2000 yen; group of 20+/night admission: 1600 yen
- Elementary/Junior High-School Student: 1000 yen; night admission/group of 20+: 800 yen
- Kids aged 4 or more: 500 (group of 20+/night admission 400 yen)
- Free for under 4
- Adult groups of 20 +: 1800 yen
Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium Hours
- May be closed in the last days of January for maintenance work.
- Golden Week and period of summer vacation: 9:30 am to 8:00 pm.
- Last admission one hour before closing time.
How to Reach Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium
- Subway: Meijo line, heading to Nagoyako last stop
- Subway: Meiko subway, heading to Nagoyako last stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nagoya before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nagoya and book an accommodation of your choice.
38.85% of people who visit Nagoya include Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
74.11% of people start their Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium