Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium, Nagoya-shi
About Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium, Nagoya-shi
Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium, Nagoya-shi - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 1-3 Minatomachi, Minato Ward, Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture 455-0033, Japan
Ticket Price: 2000 JPY
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
Added 4.4K times in trip plans
Aquarium, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Built in 1992, this public aquarium is one of Japan's better ones. It has two major exhibits. The north building is dedicated to cetaceans - killer and Beluga whales, dolphins, porpoises and such. It has one of the largest outdoor tanks in the world, where audiences are treated to fantastic dolphin shows. You can also see how these dolphins are fed and trained. The second exhibit in the south building is more unusual: It documents and narrates the journeys of the Antarctic research and icebreaker ship Fuji, which was active for 18 years from 1965. The ship itself is on exhibit here, and has been converted into a museum for the Antarctic world. It's utterly fascinating.
Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium Information
- Get a re-entry stamp to re-enter on the same day.
- No eating, drinking, or smoking outside designated area.
- No lights or flash equipment.
- Find a map of the complex on the attraction website.
Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium Ticket Prices
- High school student: 2000 yen; group of 20+/night admission: 1600 yen
- Elementary/Junior High-School Student: 1000 yen; night admission/group of 20+: 800 yen
- Kids aged 4 or more: 500 (group of 20+/night admission 400 yen)
- Free for under 4
- Adult groups of 20 +: 1800 yen
Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium Opening and Closing Hours
- May be closed in the last days of January for maintenance work.
- Golden Week and period of summer vacation: 9:30 am to 8:00 pm.
- Last admission one hour before closing time.
How To reach Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium by Public Transport
- Subway: Meijo line, heading to Nagoyako last stop
- Subway: Meiko subway, heading to Nagoyako last stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nagoya-shi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nagoya-shi and book an accommodation of your choice.
Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium, Nagoya-shi Reviews - Write a Review
Very nice aquarium and surrounding port area. They offer tickets for just the aquarium or you can additional places like the Mt. Fuji research ship and port observatory. I went on a weekday so the crowd was not that plenty and had a great time just looking at the animals without feeling being rushed. I liked this better than Kaiyukan Aquarium in Osaka primarily because it's so huge and can spend the whole day in the area.
Really nice aquarium, big! Well worth a visit. My toddler loves the animal shows. An annual pass is cheaper if you plan to visit several times.
I am not usually a fan of aquariums, but must admit this one changed my mind! The dolphin show alone is worth the entry price. The rest of the exhibits are interesting enough to keep your kids interested. Highly recommended!
Excellent place to see the water life. Dolphin shows is point of attraction here. Children will surely enjoy here. People can visit port side also and if your luck favor you may get chance to see cruise from near.
Great place to bring kids - they have quite a good number of sea creatures there with the highlights being the dolphins, orcas, and belugas. They also have a migration tank for sea turtles and I believe that they breed sea turtles there as well! We spent a good 2 and a half hours there as this included the orca show which we chanced upon with the view being from under water with tv screens showing what was happening up top. Would definitely encourage others to visit this especially if they have kids with them.
- Nearby Attractions
- Meitetsu New Grand Hotel
- Meitetsu Inn Nagoya Nishiki
- Nagoya-shi Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Nagoya-shi
- What to See in 48 Hours in Nagoya-shi
- What to See in 72 Hours in Nagoya-shi
- How to Spend 5 Days in Nagoya-shi
- How to Spend 6 Days in Nagoya-shi
- How to Spend 7 Days in Nagoya-shi