Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium, Nagoya-shi
Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium - A Quick Overview[Contribute/Review]
Address: 1-3 Minatomachi, Minato Ward, Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture 455-0033, Japan, Nagoya-shi
Ticket Price: 2000 JPY
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
Added 4.4K times in trip plans
Aquarium, Family And Kids
Build a travel itinerary around this place
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium, Nagoya-shi
Built in 1992, this public aquarium is one of Japan's better ones. It has two major exhibits. The north building is dedicated to cetaceans - killer and Beluga whales, dolphins, porpoises and such. It has one of the largest outdoor tanks in the world, where audiences are treated to fantastic dolphin shows. You can also see how these dolphins are fed and trained. The second exhibit in the south building is more unusual: It documents and narrates the journeys of the Antarctic research and icebreaker ship Fuji, which was active for 18 years from 1965. The ship itself is on exhibit here, and has been converted into a museum for the Antarctic world. It's utterly fascinating.
Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium Information
- Get a re-entry stamp to re-enter on the same day.
- No eating, drinking, or smoking outside designated area.
- No lights or flash equipment.
- Find a map of the complex on the attraction website.
Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium Ticket Prices
- High school student: 2000 yen; group of 20+/night admission: 1600 yen
- Elementary/Junior High-School Student: 1000 yen; night admission/group of 20+: 800 yen
- Kids aged 4 or more: 500 (group of 20+/night admission 400 yen)
- Free for under 4
- Adult groups of 20 +: 1800 yen
Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium Opening and Closing Hours
- May be closed in the last days of January for maintenance work.
- Golden Week and period of summer vacation: 9:30 am to 8:00 pm.
- Last admission one hour before closing time.
How To reach Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium by Public Transport
- Subway: Meijo line, heading to Nagoyako last stop
- Subway: Meiko subway, heading to Nagoyako last stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nagoya-shi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nagoya-shi and book an accommodation of your choice.
Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium, Nagoya-shi Reviews
My opinions are probably colored positively because I took my wife here on a date, but the staff and planners here have done an excellent job of mixing entertainment with genuine education. The facilities are clean and there are plenty of areas to sit and just bask in the dappled light of the recreated underwater bioms. We enjoyed ourselves and want to go back!
Very nice aquarium and surrounding port area. They offer tickets for just the aquarium or you can additional places like the Mt. Fuji research ship and port observatory. I went on a weekday so the crowd was not that plenty and had a great time just looking at the animals without feeling being rushed. I liked this better than Kaiyukan Aquarium in Osaka primarily because it's so huge and can spend the whole day in the area.
Really nice aquarium, big! Well worth a visit. My toddler loves the animal shows. An annual pass is cheaper if you plan to visit several times.
Nice Facilities. Great for family, couples, or a solo trip. If you want to read the info, proficiency in Japanese is a must. Otherwise, have a good time.
Fantastic dolphin and orca shows! this aquarium houses dolphins and orcas(Killer whales) only.. no other fishes. but fantastic none the less!