Port Of Nagoya Public AquariumCurrently Open [Closes at 05:30 pm]
- Address: 1-3 Minatomachi, Minato Ward, Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture 455-0033, Japan, Nagoya-shi
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +81-526547080
- Ticket Price: 2000 JPY
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Aquarium, Family And Kids
Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium - Review
Built in 1992, this public aquarium is one of Japan's better ones. It has two major exhibits. The north building is dedicated to cetaceans - killer and Beluga whales, dolphins, porpoises and such. It has one of the largest outdoor tanks in the world, where audiences are treated to fantastic dolphin shows. You can also see how these dolphins are fed and trained. The second exhibit in the south building is more unusual: It documents and narrates the journeys of the Antarctic research and icebreaker ship Fuji, which was active for 18 years from 1965. The ship itself is on exhibit here, and has been converted into a museum for the Antarctic world. It's utterly fascinating.
Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium Information
- Get a re-entry stamp to re-enter on the same day.
- No eating, drinking, or smoking outside designated area.
- No lights or flash equipment.
- Find a map of the complex on the attraction website.
Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium Ticket Prices
- High school student: 2000 yen; group of 20+/night admission: 1600 yen
- Elementary/Junior High-School Student: 1000 yen; night admission/group of 20+: 800 yen
- Kids aged 4 or more: 500 (group of 20+/night admission 400 yen)
- Free for under 4
- Adult groups of 20 +: 1800 yen
Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium Hours
- May be closed in the last days of January for maintenance work.
- Golden Week and period of summer vacation: 9:30 am to 8:00 pm.
- Last admission one hour before closing time.
How To reach Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium by Public Transport
- Subway: Meijo line, heading to Nagoyako last stop
- Subway: Meiko subway, heading to Nagoyako last stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nagoya-shi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nagoya-shi and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium
58.95% of people who visit Nagoya-shi include Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
74.11% of people start their Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium
Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium Trips
Port Of Nagoya Public Aquarium, Nagoya-shi Reviews
Not as large as the one in Osaka but some really cool aquariums where you can see all kinds of fish and other marine animals up close. The best part are definitely the shows. The beluga and dolphin shows were especially entertaining. There are two shops with various souvenirs like plush animals but they sell mostly the same stuff. Also, their selection is not that great.
Has a wide variety of sea animals, including the skeletons of deep sea creatures. Very informational, and has a great dolphin show. Costs 20$ for adults. I enjoy going there everytime.
Great aquarium. Very large and looked-after, lots of interesting exhibits, tanks, demonstrations and shows. Animals are in great shape and their habitats look clean, healthy and roomy enough. Seeing orcas up close was just overwhelming. I loved it!
Dolphin shows are amazing! The other features and displays are worth exploring too, but not exceptional. The weekends are extremely crowded so choose to visit on a weekdag if you can. Food and snacks are available and there are places you can sit and rest a bit. The main pool and stands area is very nice, offering good visibilty of the shows. Also, the live camera and replay features ensure that you don't miss any of the action. Definitely worth checking out! Lastly, take the train if you can! Parking in the area is expensive.
Wonderful aquarium for dolphins. Dolphin show is awesome. I've enjoyed it first time in August 2018.