Tokugawa Art Museum And Garden188 Votes Currently Open
The Tokugawa Dynasty, descended from the first Shogun Tokugawa, is one of Japan's most historically influential families. It also used to be one of the wealthiest. This Museum and garden was commissioned in 1935 at the site of the Owari's former feudal residence as a place to exhibit and preserve the legacy of the family - Arms and Armory, artwork, Furniture, clothing, Costumes, the Tale of Genji picture scrolls, the the hina dolls and Doll Festival furnishings, and maps. In the library, there are over one hundred thousand of classic Japanese and Chinese masterworks.
And outside of this immense historical legacy, is an exquisite Japanese garden. Exit delightful place for a stroll all around the year, as different flowers bloom in different seasons. There is a large pond in the center of the garden that is supposed to represent the ocean.
Tokugawa Art Museum And Garden Travel Tips
- Parking is available for about 100 cars.
Entrance Ticket Details For Tokugawa Art Museum And Garden
- Tokugawa Art Museum and Hosa Library only: 1200 yen
- Tokugawa Art Museum and Hosa Library: 1000 yen
- Including Tokugawa Garden: 1150 yen
- Tokugawa Art Museum and Hosa Library: 700 yen
- Including Tokugawa Garden: 850 yen
Children 7-14 years of age:
- Tokugawa Art Museum and Hosa Library: 500 yen
- Including Tokugawa Garden: 570 yen
- Free for under 7 years of age
- For groups of 20 or more: 200 yen discount on adult groups, 100 yen discount per student groups.
Tokugawa Art Museum And Garden Hours
- Closed on Mondays, unless that Monday is a national holiday, in which case it is closed on the next day.
- Last admission is at 4:30 p.m.
How to Reach Tokugawa Art Museum And Garden
- Ozone Station on the JR Chuo, Meijo Subway
- Ozone Station on the Meitetsu Seto Line.
- Bus: Take city bus to "Hikiyama" or "Sankenya" to Sakae Bus Terminal(Oasis 21); take bus to "Tokugawaen Shindeki" Bus Stop.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nagoya before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nagoya and book an accommodation of your choice.
12.01% of people who visit Nagoya include Tokugawa Art Museum And Garden in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
62.5% of people start their Tokugawa Art Museum And Garden visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Tokugawa Art Museum And Garden
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tokugawa Art Museum And Garden