Tamaudun4 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1-3, Shurikinjocho, Naha 903-0815, Okinawa Prefecture, Japan Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-988852861
- Ticket Price: 300 JPY
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids
Dating back to the early 16th century, the Tamaudoun Site was one of the three royal mausoleums of the Royal family of Ryukyu Kingdom. It was built by the third king of second Sho Dynasty and consisted of three sections- the east section where the Kings and Queens were buried, the central section that was used for senkotsu tradition where the remains would be kept for some time and later the bones were washed and placed in tombs and the western section where the Princes and other members of the royal family were laid down to rest in peace. The Shiso dogs guard the tombs and even though many structures around the city were destructed during the Battle of Okinawa, this particular structure remains untouched by the war.
Even though originally owned by the descendants of the royal family, the place was handed over to the City of Naha and today, this is a World Heritage Site and also a part of the historically important Gusuku sites of the Ryukyu Kingdom. Come here for a walk to see graves that are as old as 600 years!
Entrance Ticket Details For Tamaudun
- Adult: JPY 300 (JPY 240 per person for a group of 20 or more people)
- Child: JPY 150 (JPY 120 per person for a group of 20 or more people)
- Children in Elementary school or younger: Free
How to Reach Tamaudun
- Monorail: at Shuri Station (1.5 kilometres away)
- By Bus
- By renting a Car/Bike
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Okinawa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Okinawa and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Tamaudun Address: 1-3, Shurikinjocho, Naha 903-0815, Okinawa Prefecture, Japan
- Tamaudun Contact Number: +81-988852861
- Tamaudun Timing: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Tamaudun Price: 300 JPY
- Time required to visit Tamaudun: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.31% of people who visit Okinawa include Tamaudun in their plan
50% of people start their Tamaudun visit around 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Tamaudun
50% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tamaudun
People normally club together 88 Daidō and オリックスレンタカー Tギャラリア沖縄カウンター while planning their visit to Tamaudun.