High Altitude Zoo, Nainital
High Altitude Zoo, Nainital - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Nainital, India
Ticket Price: 30 INR
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
Added 30.6K times in trip plans
Zoo, Family And Kids, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About High Altitude Zoo, Nainital
Pt G.B. Pant High Altitude zoo is located on the SherKaDanda hill in Nainital. Standing at a height of 2,100 meters above the sea level, the zoo is spread over 4.6 hectares and is the only high altitude zoo in India. Located in between the Shivalik and middle Himalayas mountain range, the site is covered with glorious flora and fauna. It was established in 1984 and opened to vistors in 1995. Highlights and must sees include:
- Himalayan Black Bear
- Himalayan Martin
- Himalayan Civet
- Steppe Eagle
- Tibetan Wolf
- Royal Bengal Tiger
- Fowls and Parakeets
High Altitude Zoo Information
- Carry a water bottle and some refreshments along on the trip.
High Altitude Zoo Ticket Prices
- Children - Rs 10
- Camera Fee - Rs 25
- Professional Video Camera Fee - Rs 200
- For Senior Citizens
- Disabled Persons
- For Students on World Environment Day, Zoo Foundation Day, Ozone Day and during Wild Life Week.
How To reach High Altitude Zoo by Public Transport
- You have to take a sharing jeep from Mall road, Nainital, to reach because private vehicles are not allowed.
- Walk or hire a taxi.
- Zoo shuttle service – Rs. 30/person to & fro.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nainital before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nainital and book an accommodation of your choice.