High Altitude Zoo2610 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Nainital, India
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +91-5942237927
- Ticket Price: 30 INR
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Family And Kids, Nature
Pt G.B. Pant High Altitude zoo is located on the SherKaDanda hill in Nainital. Standing at a height of 2,100 meters above the sea level, the zoo is spread over 4.6 hectares and is the only high altitude zoo in India. Located in between the Shivalik and middle Himalayas mountain range, the site is covered with glorious flora and fauna. It was established in 1984 and opened to vistors in 1995. Highlights and must sees include:
- Himalayan Black Bear
- Himalayan Martin
- Himalayan Civet
- Steppe Eagle
- Tibetan Wolf
- Royal Bengal Tiger
- Fowls and Parakeets
High Altitude Zoo Travel Tips
- Carry a water bottle and some refreshments along on the trip.
Entrance Ticket Details For High Altitude Zoo
- Children - Rs 10
- Camera Fee - Rs 25
- Professional Video Camera Fee - Rs 200
- For Senior Citizens
- Disabled Persons
- For Students on World Environment Day, Zoo Foundation Day, Ozone Day and during Wild Life Week.
How to Reach High Altitude Zoo
- You have to take a sharing jeep from Mall road, Nainital, to reach because private vehicles are not allowed.
- Walk or hire a taxi.
- Zoo shuttle service – Rs. 30/person to & fro.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nainital before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nainital and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Nainital include High Altitude Zoo in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
44.16% of people start their High Altitude Zoo visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see High Altitude Zoo
90.24% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting High Altitude Zoo