Mukteshwar TempleCurrently Open [Closes at 07:30 pm]
- Address: Mukteshwar | Near Chauli Ki Jali, Nainital,India
- Timings: 06:30 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Mukteshwar Temple - Review
Mukteshwar temple also known as ‘MukteshwarDham’, is a 350 year old Shiva temple, situated at the highest point of Nainital (2,312 meters). The temple has a white marble Shivling surrounded by idols of Brahma, Vishnu and several other Hindu gods and goddesses. It is believed that couples come to pray here, seeking blessings for a child, with mud lamps in their hands. Located amidst exquisite natural beauty, the temple is delight to stroll around and indulge in the spiritual and cultural experience. Highlights and must sees include:
- The White Marble Shivling.
- Rituals and ceremonies performed by the ‘Maheshwar’ community.
- A dense forest reserve with Deodar, Banj, Kharsu, Tilonj, Kafal, Pine and many other beautiful trees and fruit berries.
Mukteshwar Temple Information
- Try to avoid visiting during monsoon season and winters.
- Carry water bottles and some refreshments along.
- Entry is free.
How To reach Mukteshwar Temple by Public Transport
- Walk or hire a taxi.
- Ask a local for the bus details.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nainital before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nainital and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Mukteshwar Temple
95% of people who visit Nainital include Mukteshwar Temple in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
28.16% of people start their Mukteshwar Temple visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Mukteshwar Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mukteshwar Temple
Mukteshwar Temple Map
Mukteshwar Temple Trips
Mukteshwar Temple, Nainital Reviews
Nearly 200 steep steps..but worth it! Remember to visit Chauli ki jali just next to the temple
The Lord Shiva Mandir in Pathankot shapur kandi vary beautiful temple
A must visit place in Nainital District.. Hardly 50-60 kms from Nainital.. U will find peaceful atmosphere here.. Forests, waterfall, Himalaya view are some attractive attractions here... I advice you to pick a bike in rent from Nainital for whole day and enjoy Mukteshwar... Must Visit if you are planning weekend holidays in Nainital.
Great place to visit. Temple at peak of the hill just adjacent to deep valley . Amazing traditions to worship. Overall very nice experience. Must visit place
I love this place .. Awesome weather
All QuestionsMukteshwar temple
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal