Mukteshwar Temple1596 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Mukteshwar | Near Chauli Ki Jali, Nainital,India
- Timings: 06:30 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Mukteshwar temple also known as ‘MukteshwarDham’, is a 350 year old Shiva temple, situated at the highest point of Nainital (2,312 meters). The temple has a white marble Shivling surrounded by idols of Brahma, Vishnu and several other Hindu gods and goddesses. It is believed that couples come to pray here, seeking blessings for a child, with mud lamps in their hands. Located amidst exquisite natural beauty, the temple is delight to stroll around and indulge in the spiritual and cultural experience. Highlights and must sees include:
- The White Marble Shivling.
- Rituals and ceremonies performed by the ‘Maheshwar’ community.
- A dense forest reserve with Deodar, Banj, Kharsu, Tilonj, Kafal, Pine and many other beautiful trees and fruit berries.
Mukteshwar Temple Travel Tips
- Try to avoid visiting during monsoon season and winters.
- Carry water bottles and some refreshments along.
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Mukteshwar Temple
- Walk or hire a taxi.
- Ask a local for the bus details.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nainital before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nainital and book an accommodation of your choice.
55.82% of people who visit Nainital include Mukteshwar Temple in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
42.31% of people start their Mukteshwar Temple visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Mukteshwar Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mukteshwar Temple