Pangot And Kilbury Bird SanctuaryCurrently Open
- Address: Pangot, Near Jeolikot, Nainital, Uttarakhand 263002, India Map
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Forest, Wildlife Sanctuary , Family And Kids, Bird Watching
Pangot and Kilbury Bird Sanctuary is located 12 kilometers from Nanital, on Kilbury road before Pangot, and is famous for the numerous birds species. Pangot is like a remote Himalayan village that is rich in its flora and fauna. The place is located in the midst of mountains and a drive through this area is thrilling and exciting. The most commonly found birds are the Brown wood Owls, White- throated laughing thrushes, Collared Grosbeaks, and Forktails. The Sanctuary is placed in between the reserve forest of Nainital. The place is calm and serene and the occasional chirping of birds is just pleasant to the ears. Highlights and must see includes:
- 250 species of birds
- Thick Oak, Pine and Rhododendron
- A lot of Mammals can be spotted such as Leopard cat, Sambhar, Himalayan Goral, Barking deer, Wild Boar, Red Fox.
- Dense Forest
Pangot And Kilbury Bird Sanctuary Travel Tips
- Carry a camera to capture the beautiful birds.
- Don’t go after 3:00 pm as it becomes dark and lonely.
How to Reach Pangot And Kilbury Bird Sanctuary
- Hire a Taxi
- Ask a Local
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nainital before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nainital and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Pangot And Kilbury Bird Sanctuary Address: Pangot, Near Jeolikot, Nainital, Uttarakhand 263002, India
- Time required to visit Pangot And Kilbury Bird Sanctuary: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
58.97% of people who visit Nainital include Pangot And Kilbury Bird Sanctuary in their plan
16.67% of people start their Pangot And Kilbury Bird Sanctuary visit around 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Pangot And Kilbury Bird Sanctuary
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pangot And Kilbury Bird Sanctuary
People normally club together Astronomical Observatory and Eco Cave Gardens while planning their visit to Pangot And Kilbury Bird Sanctuary.