Events and Festivals in Nainital
- March: Phooldeyi is a festival that takes place in March where each household decorates their entrances with the first flowers of the season. A colourful sight to behold!
- April: Navratris are celebrated around this time when people fast for nine days for growth and prosperity in the future.
- August: A festival called Hariyala to celebrate the monsoon season and commemorate the wedding of Lord Shiva and Parvati is held in August.
- September: Khatarua signifies the beginning of the autumn season. Bonfires are lit and people dance around them. The famous Nandadevi fair also takes place in September when the people of Nainital worship the goddess Nanda Devi with holy processions, and many traditional activities.
- October: Sharadotsav takes place every October with many cultural programmes including traditional songs and dances.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Nainital