Are you looking for what to do in Nainital?
THINGS TO DO AND SEE
- Naini Lake: One of the most famous tourist attractions of Nainital, this lake is a must-visit. You can take a boating trip on the lake at a very reasonable price. The beautiful lake and the majesty of the surrounding mountains make this one heck of a sightseeing experience.
- Naina Devi Temple: This temple is built on the banks of the Naini Lake and is one of the oldest places of worship in the city. It offers some spectacular views of the lake and is one of the best places to visit if you’re looking for some time for reflection and peace. Don’t forget to add this in your trip planner.
- Eco Cave Gardens: These series of interconnecting caves located in Mallital (a mere 10 minutes away from the city centre) are an interesting place to visit if you are the adventurous sort. Be careful though, the rocks can be slippery. Not recommended for children or the elderly people. A great place to see if you are on solo travel to Nainital.
- Pangot and Kilbury Bird Sanctuary: A must-see for bird and nature enthusiasts. A little far from the city centre but the 40 minute drive that will take your breath away. This should be a definite part of your itinerary planner.
- Naina Peak: This one is for the trekkers. The aerial view of the lake and the city is well worth it if you’re looking for fun things to do. If you’re not interested in the climb, you can even take a cable car to the top.
- Skybird Adventures: A tour of Nainital from the sky; this service will make you paraglide over the hills and see Nainital from an entirely different perspective. One of the thrilling activities to do during your trip!
Below we have a list of things to do in Nainital and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Nainital getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Nainital with confidence.