Uhuru Gardens Memorial ParkCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Nairobi, Kenya (Nairobi Central Business District)
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Garden, Park, Landmark, Play Ground, Educational Site, Historical Site, Memorial, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Nature
The green lush fields and grand aspects of Uhuru Gardens Memorial Park furnish a welcome distraction and sabbatical from the disarray and offer guests a spot to gain a learning experience. Weekdays are generally tranquil in this slope park, and weekends are found bustling with nearby families out on excursion in the sun. The prime utilization of Uhuru's inclining slope is as a stadium seating for the political addresses, so it is advised to make sure to check if political meetings have been booked on the day of the tourism visit. Inside the enclosure are two landmarks symbolizing Kenya's autonomy, and a Mugumo (fig) tree. The Mugumo tree is typical as it was planted on the spot where the Union Jack (British banner) was cut down and Kenya's national banner was initially lifted. The site is of a differing aesthetic and symbolic quality of the local greenery of savannah forest. Notwithstanding the chronicled hugeness, the Uhuru Gardens presses on to lure different occasions being a recreational park. It is prominent as a rest or peaceful gathering territory for families and companions, and is an absolute necessity visit for schools.
- The newer modifications and facility additions to the park has lately led the park to pick up prevalence as an occasions venue for corporate launches, shows, weddings, film appraisals and other cultural venues.
- Nearest rail/bus station- GPO Bus Stop
- Kenyatta Avenue
- Velvet Bar and Grill
- Secret Garden
- Pampa at Savannah
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nairobi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nairobi and book an accommodation of your choice.
66.9% of people who visit Nairobi include Uhuru Gardens Memorial Park in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
70.37% of people start their Uhuru Gardens Memorial Park visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Uhuru Gardens Memorial Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Uhuru Gardens Memorial Park