Maenam Wildlife SanctuaryCurrently Open
- Address: Maenam Wildlife Sanctuary, Namchi, India Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Forest, Trail, Wildlife Sanctuary , View Point, Family And Kids, Nature, Bird Watching
Nestled in Maenam in South Sikkim, Maenam Wildlife Sanctuary is a treat for nature lovers. Covering an area of 36.43 square kilometers on the Tendong Hill with thick forest, this sanctuary is stuffed with rich flora and fauna. The name Maenam-la means “treasure –house of medicines” in Lepcha language. The name itself says that the sanctuary is filled with medicinal plants. Trek through the forest and as you reach above you get to see the amazing view of Teesta River, flowing below the region. While going up, you will come across animals like red Panda, Serow, Barking Deer, Goral, Civet-Cats, Leopard-Cats, Magpies, Black Eagle and many migrating birds.
Maenam Wildlife Sanctuary Travel Tips
- Wear comfortable shoes while trekking.
- Pets are not allowed.
Entrance Ticket Details For Maenam Wildlife Sanctuary
- Entry is free.
Maenam Wildlife Sanctuary Hours
- Morning hours are recommended.
How to Reach Maenam Wildlife Sanctuary
- By taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Namchi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Namchi and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Maenam Wildlife Sanctuary Address: Maenam Wildlife Sanctuary, Namchi, India
- Maenam Wildlife Sanctuary Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Maenam Wildlife Sanctuary(preferred time): 08:00 am - 01:00 pm
- Time required to visit Maenam Wildlife Sanctuary: 04:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
95% of people who visit Namchi include Maenam Wildlife Sanctuary in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
44.97% of people start their Maenam Wildlife Sanctuary visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Maenam Wildlife Sanctuary
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Maenam Wildlife Sanctuary
People normally club together Ngadak Monastery and Temi Tea Garden while planning their visit to Maenam Wildlife Sanctuary.