Are you looking for what to do in Namchi?
PLACES TO SEE
- Char Dham: One of the famous holy places in India, located on Solophuk hilltop. The 33 meter Lord Shiva statue on the hilltop is visible from a distance.
- Tenndong Hill: A perfect destination to enjoy trekking in Namchi! It is a dormant volcano in a shape of an ‘upraised horn’.
- Sai Mandir: A beautiful ornate temple dedicated to Sai Baba. Visit the temple to experience the spiritual essence of the place.
- Ngadak Monastery: It is one of the oldest monasteries of Sikkim, built during the reign of Chogyal Gyurmed Namgyal.
- Baichung Stadium: Are you a football game lover? If yes, you need to see this amazing stadium of Sikkim.
- Maenam Wildlife Sanctuary: This sanctuary is a paradise for wildlife buffs. Trek through the thick forest of the sanctuary to see some rare animals like Goral, Civet-Cats, Leopard-Cats, Magpies, Black Eagle and many migrating birds.
- Phur Tsa Chu: Take a dip in this hot spring to relax your tired muscles for a while.
- Temi Tea Garden: It is the only tea Estate in Sikkim covering an area of 435 acres of land.
- Rock Garden: Visit this beautiful garden that is filled with different species of trees, plants and flowers.
Below we have a list of things to do in Namchi and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Namchi getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Namchi with confidence.