Tengwang Pavilion, NanchangCurrently Open
- Address: No.36 Fanggu Street, Donghu District, Nanchang 330008, China
- Timings: 07:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +86791-86702036
- Ticket Price: 50 CNY
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building
About Tengwang Pavilion, Nanchang
Built during 654 A.D during the Tang dynasty it was named after Li Yuanying who assumed the name Tengwang upon being knighted. The tower was originally three storeys high and was later rebuilt about 29 times in the course of 1300 years. In 1989 the famous architect Liang Sicheng laid the final touches to the monument which has now become a landmark of Nanchang. Standing on the banks of River Ganjiang, made with wood, stone and also reinforced concrete the building is now nine storeys tall.
In the interiors, there’s also a theatre which shows period musical performances and a library containing a lot of ancient scriptures and poems. Infact the entire outer area including the streets and shops have been renovated to suit the mood and feel of the monument. A monument so classic that looks like it came out of a painting, the Tengwang Pavilion is so famous that when the Forbidden City was built, its corner towers were built to imitate the Pavilion.
How To reach Tengwang Pavilion by Public Transport
- By Bus: Take bus no. 2, 7, 8, 26 and 302 (Inner line) to get off at Tengwangge Station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nanchang before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nanchang and book an accommodation of your choice.
Tengwang Pavilion, Nanchang Reviews
All Questionstengwang pavilion
- Recently Added Point of Interest in Nanchang
- Jiangxi Jingjiu Dianyuan Technology Co.,ltd.
- Baicheng Jingdian
- Xiyuan （southeast Ermen）
- Nanchang Zhongcheng Dianyuan Technology Co.,ltd.
- Nanchang Copper Material Factory
- Jiangxi Hongchang Trading Co.,ltd.
- Sanguo Dongwu Mu
- Nanchang Greenwood Golf Club
- Bada Shanren Memorial Hall