Musee Historique LorrainCurrently Closed
- Address: 64 Grande Rue, 54000 Nancy, France
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-383321874
- Ticket Price: 4 EUR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Musee Historique Lorrain - Review
On sheer architectural merits alone, the building is of great tourist value, and its gatehouse is an elegant combo of Gothic and Italian Renaissance architecture. In 1937, though, the Lorraine Museum was established there.
As a history museum, the Lorraine’s exhibits cover objects from prehistory to antiquity to the 19th century. These include:
- The Paleolithic, Neolithic, Bronze Age and Iron Age.
- Roman Gaul
- Everyday life in Lorraine and Merovingian (including contents of tombs from these times)
- The Middle Ages on the ground floor.
- Works of the Lorraine engraver Jacques Callot.
- The life of Stanislas Leszczynski, King of Poland, and Duke of Lorraine.
Musee Historique Lorrain Information
- There are associated exhibits of this museum in the Church and convent of the Cordeliers.
Musee Historique Lorrain Ticket Prices
EUR 2.5 for
- 12 and 25
- Large families (from 3 children)
- Over 60
- Job seekers
Free for: 1st Sunday of the month for all
- Under 12
- Students on Wednesday
- Cardholders Nancy Young Culture (10 to 25).
- Schools (from kindergarten to high school)
EUR 1 for the audio guide.
How To reach Musee Historique Lorrain by Public Transport
- Walk here. It is only 5 minutes from Place Stanislas.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nancy before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nancy and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Musee Historique Lorrain
95% of people who visit Nancy include Musee Historique Lorrain in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
93.82% of people start their Musee Historique Lorrain visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Musee Historique Lorrain
93.7% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Musee Historique Lorrain
Musee Historique Lorrain Trips
1 View3 Days 2 Nights3 Day Trip to Arrondissement Of Toul from StrasbourgBy: Guest UserCity: Arrondissement Of Toul
Musee Historique Lorrain, Nancy Reviews
The museum was partly closed. However the refugee exhibition of the area was excellently made,the exhibits well displayed and the browse interesting.
Only one exhibition was open during my visit (Lorraine without borders I think it was), seemed interesting although everything was in French
This museum is now closed until 2023 for a major renovation project.
The heart of Lorraine
Très joli musée.en travaux pour un bon moment.actuellement fermé