Confucian Temple AreaCurrently Open
- Address: Qinhuai, Nanjing 210001, Jiangsu, China
- Timings: 08:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +86-2552209788
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Temple, River, Restaurant, Specialty Shop
Directly facing the Northern bank of the Qinhuai River, thisConfucius temple (originally built in 1034) now sits quaintly amidst the souvenir shops and restaurants of the Fuji Miao Pedestrian Street.
The temple’s Ming and Qing architectural style is quite charming. Statues of Confucius and his followers line the central courtyard and coloured stones along the walls tell Confucian tales.
The temple area is incomplete without the river. Traditional buildings line the river bank and, during the night, lanterns are lit all along the sides- creating a picturesque scene.
Do try out the street food, encompassingeight of the most famous flavoursof Nanjing.
Confucian Temple Area Travel Tips
- The entrance to the temple is not baby or disability friendly- cannot fit a pram or wheelchair through it.
Entrance Ticket Details For Confucian Temple Area
- RMB 40 for access to all four of the temple's attractions.
- Student tickets are half priced.
- Boat rides along the canal are 60 RMB in the day and 80 RMB at night.
How to Reach Confucian Temple Area
- Subway Line 1 to Sanshan Street.
- Bus: 1, 4, 7, 15, 801 and Tourism Bus 2
- Tajmahal Restaurant
- Qifangge Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nanjing before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nanjing and book an accommodation of your choice.
61.23% of people who visit Nanjing include Confucian Temple Area in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
61.29% of people start their Confucian Temple Area visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Confucian Temple Area
94.51% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Confucian Temple Area