Confucian Temple Area, NanjingCurrently Open [Closes at 10:00 pm]
- Address: Qinhuai, Nanjing 210001, Jiangsu, China
- Timings: 08:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +86-2552209788
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Temple, River, Restaurant, Family And Kids, Specialty Shop
About Confucian Temple Area, Nanjing
Directly facing the Northern bank of the Qinhuai River, thisConfucius temple (originally built in 1034) now sits quaintly amidst the souvenir shops and restaurants of the Fuji Miao Pedestrian Street.
The temple’s Ming and Qing architectural style is quite charming. Statues of Confucius and his followers line the central courtyard and coloured stones along the walls tell Confucian tales.
The temple area is incomplete without the river. Traditional buildings line the river bank and, during the night, lanterns are lit all along the sides- creating a picturesque scene.
Do try out the street food, encompassingeight of the most famous flavoursof Nanjing.
Confucian Temple Area Information
- The entrance to the temple is not baby or disability friendly- cannot fit a pram or wheelchair through it.
Confucian Temple Area Ticket Prices
- RMB 40 for access to all four of the temple's attractions.
- Student tickets are half priced.
- Boat rides along the canal are 60 RMB in the day and 80 RMB at night.
How To reach Confucian Temple Area by Public Transport
- Subway Line 1 to Sanshan Street.
- Bus: 1, 4, 7, 15, 801 and Tourism Bus 2
Restaurants Near Confucian Temple Area
- Tajmahal Restaurant
- Qifangge Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nanjing before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nanjing and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Confucian Temple Area
95% of people who visit Nanjing include Confucian Temple Area in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
50.61% of people plan their visit to Confucian Temple Area between 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Confucian Temple Area
90.02% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Confucian Temple Area
Confucian Temple Area, Nanjing Reviews
All QuestionsConfucian temple area
- Attractions near Confucian Temple Area
- Jiangning Imperial Silk Manufacturing Museum
- Yuhuatai Memorial Park Of Revolutionary Martyrs
- Zhonghua Gate
- John-rabe House
- Zijinshan Observatory
- Taiping Kingdom History Museum
- Tangshang Mountain
- Ruins Of The Ming Palace
- Confucius Temple
- Tangshan Regalia - Hot Spring & Spa
- Qi Xia Mountain
- Recently Added Point of Interest in Nanjing
- Dr. Sun Yat-sen's Mausoleum
- Presidential Palace
- Nanjing Olympics Sports Center （west Postern Gate）
- Nanjing Forestry University （north Gate 2）
- Jiangsu Wutaishan Tiyu Center
- Jiangning Sports Center
- China Pharmaceutical University
- Hongshan Senlin Zoo （north Gate）
- Nanjing Aeronautics And Astronautics University （xiyi Gate）