How to Reach Nanjing
HOW TO GET TO NANJING
- By Air: Nanjing has regular air connections to all major Chinese cities from Lukou International Airport. International flights fly out to Hong Kong, Macau, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Taipei and Frankfurt. The airport can be reached by shuttle bus, subway or taxi.
- By Train: Currently, there are 70 G-trains departing from Nanjing Railway Station to Shanghai Hongqiao Station and Shanghai Railway Station.
- By Bus: There are as many as 20 buses from Zhongyangmen Long-distance Bus Station to Shanghai and Hangzhou every day. The journey takes four hours.
HOW TO GET AROUND NANJING
- By Bus: Bus lines are very frequent and Tourism Buses are the best to use while seeing specific sights.
- By Subway: Nanjing is very well connected by the subway.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Nanjing. The most preferred mode of transport in Nanjing is Walking.
Average distance: 13.04 km Average time: 41.5 min
Walking 50%Walking 20 min Bike 5.75 min Motorbike 1.25 min Train 1 min Overall average time for 3.68 kms 28 min
Car 12.5%Driving 40 min Overall average time for 30 kms 40 min
Train/Metro 37.5%Train 37 min Walking 12 min Waiting 9.33 min Bus 1.67 min Overall average time for 19.87 kms 60 min