Jiming TempleCurrently Open [Closes at 05:30 pm]
- Address: No.1 Jiming Temple, Xuanwu District, Nanjing 210008, Jiangsu, China
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +86-2583600842
- Ticket Price: 10 CNY
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple
The Jiming Temple is an active Buddhist temple that overlooks the City Wall and Xuanwu Lake. One of the oldest temples in the city, it was established in 300AD during the Eastern Jin dynasty. Destroyed almost several decades ago, it was rebuilt in 1981.Consists of four major parts:
- Guanyin Hall
- Huomeng Building
- The Medicine Buddha Pagoda, where you can have a view of the city.
- The Rouge Well, it is said that the emperor of the Southern Tang dynasty and his concubine hid in the well to escape enemies. Stains of rouge were left on the well and, hence, the name.
During the spring, the temple trees are alive with cherry blossoms. The general feeling one gets in this temple is a wondrous mix of legend, tranquility and prayer.
Jiming Temple Travel Tips
- Collect free incense sticks at the entrance.
Entrance Ticket Details For Jiming Temple
- For 30 RMB, hop onto the Nanjing City Wall. The temple is connected to a part of it.
How to Reach Jiming Temple
- Buses 2, 3, 11, 15, 20, 24, 31and Tour Bus 1.
- Cafe on top of the temple (vegetarian)
- My Place
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nanjing before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nanjing and book an accommodation of your choice.
42.25% of people who visit Nanjing include Jiming Temple in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
40% of people start their Jiming Temple visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Jiming Temple
93.28% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jiming Temple