Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum, Nanjing
Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum, Nanjing - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Wengzhong Road, Xuanwu District, Nanjing 210018, Jiangsu, China
Ticket Price: 70 CNY
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 06:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 2K times in trip plans
Educational Site, Square, Family And Kids, Tomb, Unesco Site
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum, Nanjing
You will truly experience imperial China when you visit the mausoleum of the Hongwu Emperor and his wife, the founder and first emperor of the Ming Dynasty of China. During his reign, the Hongwu emperor instituted military, administrative, and educational reforms that centeredpower on the emperor.
- The Main Tomb of the Emperor and his wife
- A walkway known as the ‘Spirit Way’, flanked on either side by stone animals. Each has an auspicious meaning and posture.
- Gates like the Big Golden Gate, Square Walls and the Lingxing (Lattice) Gate are partially destroyed but are still standing.
- Many stone tablets have important, elegant inscriptions engraved on them.
The magnificent scale and beauty of the mausoleum has made it a UNESCO world cultural heritage site.
Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum Information
- Not handicapped friendly as there are lots of steps to climb.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
How To reach Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum by Public Transport
- Tourism bus 3, 20 or 315 to Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum.
- Subway line 2 to Muxuyuan Station.
Restaurants Near Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum
- Liu Changxing (Wei Kong)
- WawaJiao Frog Hotpot (Jiefang Road)
- NanJingDaPai Dang ZhongShanLing Dian
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nanjing before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nanjing and book an accommodation of your choice.