Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum, NanjingCurrently Closed
- Address: Wengzhong Road, Xuanwu District, Nanjing 210018, Jiangsu, China
- Timings: 06:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +86-2584446111
- Ticket Price: 70 CNY
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Educational Site, Square, Family And Kids, Tomb, Unesco Site
About Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum, Nanjing
You will truly experience imperial China when you visit the mausoleum of the Hongwu Emperor and his wife, the founder and first emperor of the Ming Dynasty of China. During his reign, the Hongwu emperor instituted military, administrative, and educational reforms that centeredpower on the emperor.
- The Main Tomb of the Emperor and his wife
- A walkway known as the ‘Spirit Way’, flanked on either side by stone animals. Each has an auspicious meaning and posture.
- Gates like the Big Golden Gate, Square Walls and the Lingxing (Lattice) Gate are partially destroyed but are still standing.
- Many stone tablets have important, elegant inscriptions engraved on them.
The magnificent scale and beauty of the mausoleum has made it a UNESCO world cultural heritage site.
Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum Information
- Not handicapped friendly as there are lots of steps to climb.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
How To reach Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum by Public Transport
- Tourism bus 3, 20 or 315 to Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum.
- Subway line 2 to Muxuyuan Station.
Restaurants Near Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum
- Liu Changxing (Wei Kong)
- WawaJiao Frog Hotpot (Jiefang Road)
- NanJingDaPai Dang ZhongShanLing Dian
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nanjing before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nanjing and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum
95% of people who visit Nanjing include Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
50.28% of people start their Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum
94.35% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum
Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum, Nanjing Reviews
All QuestionsMing xiaoling mausoleum
- Attractions near Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum
- Zhonghua Gate
- Yuhuatai Memorial Park Of Revolutionary Martyrs
- Tangshang Mountain
- Tangshan Regalia - Hot Spring & Spa
- Qi Xia Mountain
- Nanjing Museum
- Qixia Temple
- Nanjing Lovers Garden
- Jiangning Imperial Silk Manufacturing Museum
- Zhongshan Botanical Garden
- John-rabe House