Nanjing City WallCurrently Closed
- Address: Fengtai Rd Qinhuai, Nanjing 210001, Jiangsu China
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +86-2583217200
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: River, Architecture
Nanjing is one of the few cities in China to have a surviving ancient wall. Located on the southern bank of the Yangtze River, this masterpiece of Chinese architecture was built by the Hongwu Emperor of the Ming dynasty. Taking 21 years to finish, the Emperor ordered 20 states in 5 provinces to make bricks for the wall. Each brick weighed about 10 kilograms and were inscribed with the names of officials who were responsible for its quality. About 350 million bricks were used to build the wall.
Today, numerous gates serve as impressive check points at different parts of the wall. One should end their tour of the wall at Taicheng where a breathtaking view of the river awaits you.
Nanjing City Wall Travel Tips
- Please refer to the attraction website below.
- Also known as the ‘Ming City Wall’.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Bikes can also be rented on top of the wall.
How to Reach Nanjing City Wall
- Buses 10, 13, 22, 28, 32, 33, 45 to Zhongyangmendong Station.
- Tourism bus 1
- Tanghui Yueyongxuan
- Nanjing Impressions (Deji Plaza)
- Ganesh Indian Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nanjing before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nanjing and book an accommodation of your choice.
52.67% of people who visit Nanjing include Nanjing City Wall in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
37.04% of people start their Nanjing City Wall visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Nanjing City Wall
92.5% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Nanjing City Wall