Nanjing MuseumCurrently Open
- Address: No.321 Zhongshan East Road, Nanjing 210004, Jiangsu, China
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +86-2584802119
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, River, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Archaeological Site , Exhibition
CaiYuanpei, a modern democratic revolutionary and educationist established the Nanjing Museum in 1933. It is the first large-size national museum in China and is a must see for history lovers. Exhibitions in the museum include:
- The two main buildings showcase historical and revolutionary cultural relics, paintings, calligraphies, and ancient books (some of them foreign).
- The Basic Hall displays historical items and is built in the Liao style of architecture. This is further divided into three exhibitions.
- The Five Thousand-year Civilization Panorama of the Lower Reaches of Yangtze River.
- The Very Fine Display of Chinese History, People and Culture of Jiangsu Archaeological Achievements Exhibition.
- The Art Exhibition Hall consists of sections such as the Bronze hall, Jade Article hall, Painting hall, Embroidery hall, Pottery hall and Porcelain hall.
- 30,000 calligraphy and painting masterpieces, including some from the Song and Yuan Dynasties, should be admired.
Nanjing Museum Travel Tips
- Also knows as ‘Nanjing Bowuyuan’.
- Foreigners have to carry passport to avail the free admission.
- For 30 RMB, one can dress up in 1930s style Chinese clothes and pose on a 1930s Chinese street. For 100 RMB, get a photo shoot and prints.
How to Reach Nanjing Museum
- Bus 5, 9, 29, 36, 51 or 55 to Zhongshan Gate station
- Tourist bus 1, 2 or 5 to Zhongshan Gate station.
- Food court within the museum
- Grand Metropark Hotel Cafe
- Orient House Hotel
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nanjing before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nanjing and book an accommodation of your choice.
27.81% of people who visit Nanjing include Nanjing Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
61.36% of people start their Nanjing Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Nanjing Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Nanjing Museum