Purple MountainCurrently Open
- Address: Outside Zhongshanmen, Xuanwu District, Nanjing 210018, Jiangsu, China Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Garden, Park, Observatory, Aquarium, Monument, Family And Kids, Tomb
Originally called Jiangshan Mountain, it was renamed to the ‘Purple Mountain’ in the Eastern Jin Dynasty, owing to its purple shale rocks. Highlights include:
- At the Centre, the national monument, the Sun Yatsen Mausoleum.
- To the south of the mountain are Zixia Cave, Yiren Spring, Nanjing Underworld Aquarium and Zijin Mountain Observatory.
- To the west of the mountain stand the Meihuashan Mountain, the Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum and the tomb of Liao Zhongkai, a famous politician of the Republic of China.
- To the east of the mountain is Linggu Park.
- To the north of the mountain stand the Tomb of Xu Da and Chang Yuchun (generals of the Ming Dynasty).
Apart from being dotted by historic and cultural attractions, the mountain has extensive botanical gardens and is a great place for hiking and photography. Purple Mountain is a perfect day plan.
Purple Mountain Travel Tips
- Treat this as a day’s outing and visit the other attractions within the park.
Entrance Ticket Details For Purple Mountain
- The shuttle vehicle around the park costs 5 RMB per person.
- Please refer to the attractions website below.
How to Reach Purple Mountain
- Metro line 2 to the Muxuyuan/Xiamafang station.
- Buses Y1 (from Nanjing Railway station), Y2-2 (from Yahua Tai) and Y3 (from Hongshan zoo) or 1, 2, 9, 10, 16, 20, 33, 35 and 100.
- NanJingDaPai Dang ZhongShanLing Dian
- Liu Changxing (Wei Kong)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nanjing before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nanjing and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Purple Mountain Address: Outside Zhongshanmen, Xuanwu District, Nanjing 210018, Jiangsu, China
- Purple Mountain Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Purple Mountain(preferred time): 09:00 am - 01:00 pm
- Time required to visit Purple Mountain: 04:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
53.34% of people who visit Nanjing include Purple Mountain in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
68.09% of people start their Purple Mountain visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Purple Mountain
93.92% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Purple Mountain
People normally club together Sun Yatsen Mausoleum and Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum while planning their visit to Purple Mountain.