Qinhuai RiverCurrently Open
- Address: Qinhuai District, Nanjing 210001, Jiangsu, China Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +86-2552406688
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: River, Ancient Ruin, Family And Kids
Your Nanjing experienceis incomplete without seeing the Qinhuai River. The largest river in the city, its banks bustle with markets and street vendors. It is divided into two parts:
- The Inner river runs through the heart of the city.
- The Outer river was once a city moat of ancient Nanjing.
Viewing the river scenery from onboard a lantern boat is definitely the best option. Absorb the atmosphere and history while tea and Chinese delicacies are served on the boat, as traditional Chinese music is played. The river’s beauty is enhanced during nightfall when lamps are lit on all the boats and ships, big and small.
Qinhuai River Travel Tips
- Book cruises in advance.
- For the Inner River cruise, ascend at Panchi Wharf (in front of Dacheng Hall, Confucius Temple).
- For the Outer River cruise, ascend at Wudingmen Wharf.
Entrance Ticket Details For Qinhuai River
- 60 RMB per person during the day river cruise.
- 80 RMB per person during the night river cruise.
Qinhuai River Hours
- The Inner river (night) cruise operates from 6:00 PM - 11:30 PM.
- The Outer river cruise operates at 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM.
How to Reach Qinhuai River
- Buses 4, 7, 15, 31, 40, 44, 62, 304 to Fu Zi Miao (Confucius Temple) Station
- Metro Line 1to Sanshanjie station
- Nanjing Dapaidang (FuzimiaoShuipingfang)
- Vie Chat Restaurant & Bar
- Wagas (Shuiyoucheng)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nanjing before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nanjing and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Qinhuai River Address: Qinhuai District, Nanjing 210001, Jiangsu, China
- Qinhuai River Contact Number: +86-2552406688
- Qinhuai River Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Qinhuai River(preferred time): 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit Qinhuai River: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
36.5% of people who visit Nanjing include Qinhuai River in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
29.63% of people start their Qinhuai River visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Qinhuai River
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Qinhuai River
People normally club together Nanjing Yangtze River Bridge and The Memorial Of The Nanjing Massacre while planning their visit to Qinhuai River.