The Memorial Of The Nanjing Massacre, NanjingCurrently Open [Closes at 04:30 pm]
- Address: 418, Jiangdongmen Street, Nanjing 210009, Jiangsu, China
- Timings: 08:30 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +86-2586612230
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Memorial, Statue, Family And Kids, Exhibition
About The Memorial Of The Nanjing Massacre, Nanjing
In December 1937, the Japanese army occupied Nanjing city and committed horrific acts of violence on its men, women and children. Built on the burial site of the victims of the Nanjing Massacre, a visit to this solemn memorial is immensely moving and eye-opening. This memorial also stands as a symbol of humanity and peace, against the atrocities that were laid upon the Chinese people and honours those whose lives were lost.
Divided into three parts:
- Outdoor Exhibit (composed of statues, relief carvings, a large wall listing the names of victims and memorial walkway).
- Skeletal Remains (a coffin-shaped structure, where some victims' skeletal remains, excavated from the "pit of ten thousand corpses", are displayed).
- Exhibition Hall (showcasing more than a 1000 historical photos, cultural relics and other documents).
The Memorial Of The Nanjing Massacre Information
- Water is not allowed inside the memorial.
- Facility to store bags costs 3 RMB.
How To reach The Memorial Of The Nanjing Massacre by Public Transport
- Metro line 2 to Yunjinlu station.
- Buses 7, 37, 61, 63 to Cha Nan (Nanjing Massacre Memorial Hall).
Restaurants Near The Memorial Of The Nanjing Massacre
- HJH restaurant
- Good Longevity Restaurant
- Sheraton Nanjing Kingsley Hotel & Towers
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nanjing before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nanjing and book an accommodation of your choice.
The Memorial Of The Nanjing Massacre, Nanjing Reviews
All Questionsthe memorial of the nanjing massacre
- Attractions near The Memorial Of The Nanjing Massacre
- Jiangning Imperial Silk Manufacturing Museum
- Confucius Temple
- Taiping Kingdom History Museum
- Yuhuatai Memorial Park Of Revolutionary Martyrs
- Zhonghua Gate
- Zijinshan Observatory
- Qi Xia Mountain
- Zhongshan Botanical Garden
- Tangshang Mountain
- Linggu Temple
- John-rabe House
- Nanjing Lovers Garden