The Memorial Of The Nanjing MassacreCurrently Closed
- Address: 418, Jiangdongmen Street, Nanjing 210009, Jiangsu, China
- Timings: 08:30 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +86-2586612230
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Memorial, Statue, Exhibition
In December 1937, the Japanese army occupied Nanjing city and committed horrific acts of violence on its men, women and children. Built on the burial site of the victims of the Nanjing Massacre, a visit to this solemn memorial is immensely moving and eye-opening. This memorial also stands as a symbol of humanity and peace, against the atrocities that were laid upon the Chinese people and honours those whose lives were lost.
Divided into three parts:
- Outdoor Exhibit (composed of statues, relief carvings, a large wall listing the names of victims and memorial walkway).
- Skeletal Remains (a coffin-shaped structure, where some victims' skeletal remains, excavated from the "pit of ten thousand corpses", are displayed).
- Exhibition Hall (showcasing more than a 1000 historical photos, cultural relics and other documents).
The Memorial Of The Nanjing Massacre Travel Tips
- Water is not allowed inside the memorial.
- Facility to store bags costs 3 RMB.
How to Reach The Memorial Of The Nanjing Massacre
- Metro line 2 to Yunjinlu station.
- Buses 7, 37, 61, 63 to Cha Nan (Nanjing Massacre Memorial Hall).
- HJH restaurant
- Good Longevity Restaurant
- Sheraton Nanjing Kingsley Hotel & Towers
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nanjing before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nanjing and book an accommodation of your choice.
34.49% of people who visit Nanjing include The Memorial Of The Nanjing Massacre in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
37.04% of people start their The Memorial Of The Nanjing Massacre visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see The Memorial Of The Nanjing Massacre
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Memorial Of The Nanjing Massacre