The Memorial Of The Nanjing Massacre, Nanjing
About The Memorial Of The Nanjing Massacre, Nanjing
The Memorial Of The Nanjing Massacre, Nanjing - Address, Phone Number
Address: 418, Jiangdongmen Street, Nanjing 210009, Jiangsu, China
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:30 am - 04:30 pm Details
Added 1.5K times in trip plans
Historical Site, Memorial, Statue, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
In December 1937, the Japanese army occupied Nanjing city and committed horrific acts of violence on its men, women and children. Built on the burial site of the victims of the Nanjing Massacre, a visit to this solemn memorial is immensely moving and eye-opening. This memorial also stands as a symbol of humanity and peace, against the atrocities that were laid upon the Chinese people and honours those whose lives were lost.
Divided into three parts:
- Outdoor Exhibit (composed of statues, relief carvings, a large wall listing the names of victims and memorial walkway).
- Skeletal Remains (a coffin-shaped structure, where some victims' skeletal remains, excavated from the "pit of ten thousand corpses", are displayed).
- Exhibition Hall (showcasing more than a 1000 historical photos, cultural relics and other documents).
The Memorial Of The Nanjing Massacre Information
- Water is not allowed inside the memorial.
- Facility to store bags costs 3 RMB.
How To reach The Memorial Of The Nanjing Massacre by Public Transport
- Metro line 2 to Yunjinlu station.
- Buses 7, 37, 61, 63 to Cha Nan (Nanjing Massacre Memorial Hall).
Restaurants Near The Memorial Of The Nanjing Massacre
- HJH restaurant
- Good Longevity Restaurant
- Sheraton Nanjing Kingsley Hotel & Towers
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nanjing before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nanjing and book an accommodation of your choice.
The Memorial Of The Nanjing Massacre, Nanjing Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Greentree Inn Nanjing Xinjiekou Wangfu Avenue Express Hotel
- Nan Jing Nan Zhan
- Qixia Temple （west Gate）
- Labei Jiuju
- Annvita Tea Room
- Former Site Of National Grand Assembly Hall
- Nanjing Jinghaisi Memorial Hall
- Nanjing No.3 Middle School
- Communication University Of China Nanjing
- Nanjing Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Nanjing
- What to See in 48 Hours in Nanjing
- What to See in 72 Hours in Nanjing
- How to Spend 5 Days in Nanjing
- How to Spend 6 Days in Nanjing
- How to Spend 7 Days in Nanjing